ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strange wuuuuring from i think the front!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Ive got quite a loud huming / wuring whike driving and when im breaking i can feel something through the pedals?

Whike breaking it sounds kinda like a washing machine slowing down from a spin :-\

yep or grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and give it a wiggle and check for play... mine was stupidly bad when the front bearing went

Check the wear on the inside of your tyres too. Could be distorted. It'll feel all lumpy if they are.

2011-03-05104511.jpg

Blk/Gold 182 FF
It deff gets worse as you drive and it stays the same while in neutral. But its loudest and most noticable when breaking. ill have to check the wheels tomrrow. I hope it lasts till thr 28th :-( need pay day lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Dude it's braking. Thought my clue would be suttle enough.

Surely if it does it in neutral when stationary it's got to be engine/gearbox?

Blk/Gold 182 FF
sorry ye, coasting, standstill is silent from the wheels etc. I took the wheel centre covers off just now and could see some grey grease on the nut.

is it worth changeing both bearings when one goes? how much am i talking ? :(

182FF
This might be really stupid but..... Can you buy disks with the bearings pressed into them? Both of my rear wheel bearings are going and I need new rear disks....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, just buy the standard genuine ones, easiest way IMO.