ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripes

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Is it me or is every manufacturer trying to jump on the add stripes to sell their cheap cars as something they aren't ie the suzuki swift, and worse one still the fiat panda. Some cars you can get away with the more familiar clio in racing blue with white stripes but only in racing blue seen a few black ones with silver stripes big No No. The Mini with its bonnet stripes and the Fiesta ST.

Why the question? Well I was passed tonight by a 1.4 corsa bright white with a thick black stripe down the middle and just thought well why?

Folk have been putting their own stripes on for years, viper stripes back in the day lol ! (about ten years ago )

I quite like the stripes on an RB 182 other than they they look pish on cars.

I'll exclude the dodge viper & gt40 as they were born to wear them & look ace.

dodge-viper-srt10-coupe.jpg

ford-gt40-black-1_117.jpg

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Some deserve the stripes and have the racing credentials to back them up, it's just they appear to be popping up everywhere on cars that a 17 year old would refuse to have.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^
On the subject of mitsi colts, i've seen a few convertible ones, man they are wrong !

+1
the missus: that mitsi colts convertible looks... slap!
me: back in your box you know nothing!

(i hope she doesnt read this)

Kind of a distant relative from the gt40 lol ...

DSC00004.gif

Im toying with the idea of removing them but then i start loving them again!
Let me guess, only on a 182? lol

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Kind of a distant relative from the gt40 lol ...

DSC00004.gif

Im toying with the idea of removing them but then i start loving them again!
Let me guess, only on a 182? lol

No problem with them on the ST it's when you see them on some thing as powerful as a 1.1 12V just makes me think it's a sales gimmick