ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped interior and new buckets

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Following on from this thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191596

Here are the pictures :)

7b47fb50.jpg

42f815b1.jpg

df901d77.jpg

609369d3.jpg

55f14fc6.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
how much did that all set you back? and where from? as i'm getting the same setup, i was also told by motorworld that cobra wont release anymore side mounts due to being sued over something

Evo 8 Jap Crap
tidy as fook mate.. how are they on long journeys?

Haven't done any long journeys yet just 20 - 30 miles at a time so far but at the moment and being totally honest i find them more comfortable then the normal 172 seats because in the buckets you are sitting more upright instead of slouching slightly, so its actually better for your back i think....

The cushions in the back and on the bottom are attached via velcro so if the back is too hard you can get thicker cushioning from cobra/sparco etc to fit :D

Evo 8 Jap Crap
how much did that all set you back? and where from? as i'm getting the same setup, i was also told by motorworld that cobra wont release anymore side mounts due to being sued over something

When did you hear that mate? These seats were manufactured at the factory end of november this year.

I won them on ebay for £410 for seats (GT Width), side mounts, sliding subframes and the harnesses which brought seperately come to £1011 :quiet:

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I didnt buy em brand new mate i got em for £410

Trophy recaros arent proper buckets anyway ;):quiet:

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Thankfully ive mastered the art of slipping one of the harnesses over the shoulder so you can look behind to park, is a pain though but oh well.

Cheers for the comments :)

Lionel Richie
yep, the shoulder piece on the seat is level/below the window line on the low subframes

you can just make out what i mean in this pic
IMG_1005.jpg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Dont see why people say they sit high, im same height in the car as i was with the standard seats.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
thats a reason people change as the standards are high and lots of people dont like being that high.

i think it looks bang on not sure if i could put up with the belts tho. get the back proper striped out.
ive just put my seats and wheel back in after doing the same amount of stripping and im not liking it anymore feels slow :( gonna have to get the seats back out and carpet it all.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
That look the dogs danglies but agree should be lower as thats the main reason people do it to improve the pretty poor driving position.

D

dick

lol thats part of the reason i chose clio, coz its high and im a shortarse
(5'8")

Clio
they are sweet mate, you done a great job of fitting them, did it take a while to get seating position perfect?

Clio f7r Trackcar
good choice of seats. look tidy, and for an everyday car height looks spot on. for a track car you want them lower tho, but then you cant see over the bonnet!!! lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
yep, the shoulder piece on the seat is level/below the window line on the low subframes

you can just make out what i mean in this pic

Yes - I now have mine alot lower [shoulder bolster level with the window runner.

Here:-

http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/2006/11/lowering-driving-position-of-my-cobra.html#links

before left - after right

CobraSeatLowering7.jpg

After left - before right

CobraSeatLowering8.jpg

Have you just turn the sidemounts the other way round to drop the seat?

Clio f7r Trackcar
i would have thought that the subframes were removed, meaning the sidemounts are mounted directly to the floor, making the seats sit much lower, and being totally fixed to the car. FIA standard.