ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped out and Roll...cage worth it???

Looking for a ph-quick...
I have decided im going to strip out the Valver. My dilema is that in stripping my car out i am saving weight obviously, but i wanted to fit a roll cage. Am i just putting the weight back in that i have taken out??
What do you rekon?
Cheers
Amir

clio 200 F4Rt
the extra stiffness added to the chassis will outweigh the extra kgs your putting in via a cage.

decision now is.... 6 point cage or multipoint??

Looking for a ph-quick...
Right..need to come to an executive decision. Yes or no. Will the cars gross weight be less?? how much do they generally weigh?

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i hate insurance companies, i have a stripped out car with sparcos and harness'. which is safer then standard yet they still get excited

Clio 1.2 mk2
ive done the same, no cage yet though. ive noticed the car feels a lot lighter, defenitly louder, rear of car is set slightly higher now than the front (not noticeable unless u look closly) and u also dnt have to give loads of people lifts!