ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping looms track car questions ?

172 turbo
Not a auto electrician so here we go

I have a track car all stripped out but put a lot of the looms behind the dash instead of cutting as thought maybe I might return to standard. That never happened so how would I permanently remove/ cut the looms for things not is use anymore re stereo etc so the ends are safe you obviously can't leave just cut wires behind a dash ?

What's the safest method for after cutting putting / crimping on the ends?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Safest method would be to trace them back to uch/fuse box/wiring plug, whichever it happens to be and then remove the pin from the relevant plug

172 turbo
That's sounds very long winded job but the correct way is there any way of cutting them and crimping something on the end

Clio 172 Merc ML55
To be fair I just cut mine back, haven't done anything special with the wiring that's left and had no issues in the 18 months since mate

172 turbo
So it won't case a fire behind the dash I could even put some electrical tape on the open ends incase ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
So it won't case a fire behind the dash I could even put some electrical tape on the open ends incase ?

Like I said mines been fine, I've been as careful as I can to cut wires right back to the plugs in order to minimise any risks.

I can't say 100% that it won't, the only completely safe way is to remove everything including the pin to be certain