ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping Out Interior

Clio 182FF
Greets,

What can you remove to save weight? Considering gutting everything not needed that's just dead weight (i.e. rear seats). What else can you take out?

Also, any tips for getting the rear seats out and also if stripping anything will fail an MOT?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
you can take out:

rear bench
boot carpet
parcel shelf
passenger rear door cards which include speakers i think
headliner
all three seatbelts
carpet around the rear struts
plastic mount parts that hold the parcel shelf up

cant really think of anything else

Clio 182FF
^ Edit: I'm too slow...

I never use the back for anything, don't have a spare anyway because its a 182. The only thing I can think of is rear seats, parcel shelf, rear door cars and speakers?

Clio 182FF
Taking the rear seats out, they're not connected to anything electrically are they? The car won't know they're gone etc?

Clio 182FF
Hmm will have to digg around a bit more. Have searched but sometimes there are too many results to even begin going through.

Putting some turini's one should shave a few more Kg's too.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah as far as i kwow the ph2 models - not sure on cups - have the tensioners in the rear belt set ups too. need the same resistors as you use in the fronts. 3.3 ohm resistors.

it will put on serv and seat belt lights on on the dash if resistors arent used.

Yeh, but the results are going to be negligible!

The only way you'll notice any difference with stripping, is if you do the whole nine yards and guy EVERYTHING out that doesnt make the car move!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Hmm will have to digg around a bit more. Have searched but sometimes there are too many results to even begin going through.

Putting some turini's one should shave a few more Kg's too.

to be fair, if you put in the research, you'll find 99% of the information somewhere on here. i did a load for when i wanted to take my rear seats out and fit my buckets. and it worked a treat - as there was no precise guide. its just a case of piecing it together and using a bit of common sense.

Clio 182FF
to be fair, if you put in the research, you'll find 99% of the information somewhere on here. i did a load for when i wanted to take my rear seats out and fit my buckets. and it worked a treat - as there was no precise guide. its just a case of piecing it together and using a bit of common sense.

Ok cool. I'll go back further and see what I can find. Though if I am going to have to start playing with resistors that sounds like a ball ache.

Cheers as always d00ds. :approve:

Clio 182FF
Il help you with resistors fella :)

Sorted danny (djroberts on here) out with his :)

Sweet mate, I'm going to fold the seats down and take the parcel shelf out to start with and see if it's much louder and how it feels with the space then if I'll give you a shout if I like it. :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
it aint really that much louder. it is - but not really noticeably. and ive got a stealth on mine too.

With my rear seats out, there's a lot more road noise from the back, obvious really. Its not unbearable, but you do hear things you couldnt before, like the rear brakes!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Really? Mine's really echoey and I can hear everything I run over and when it rains I can hear when my wheels run through puddles lol.

dunno then i might be going deaf!

mine really doesnt seem anywhere as bad as i expected it to be.

172 cup
mines quite loud tbh but i love it :)

to sort the front pretensioners take the buckle mechanism off the seat along with the pretensioner then cable tie it under ur bucket then get an old seat belt buckle plug it in then job done :)

Matty