ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strong ratling noise

Hi, I have noticed in recent weeks my poor little cup isnt very well :( I keep hearing at the end of the rev range a strong rattle. Im not sure if this is the exhaust catching something or hitting the heat shield? Also I had a half decent look under the car and got my mate to rev the engine, small (i mean tiny) sprays of water were shooting from parts of the cat??? Is this common? I read somewhere about engine mounts go easily as there were never strong enough to withstand the torque? Ill appreciate any help you can give. Cheers Marc :)

S2000

If you think it is possibly the exhaust rattling then I would try just getting underneath and shaking it at various points along the exhaust to see if it touches anywhere. If it doesnt hit anywhere then the chances are that its not the exhaust I would have thought.