ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strong wheel cleaner

V6
Ive just bought sum second hand 172 alloys and wana no wats best for cleaning inside of them. as i wana remove all the grime and brake dust that has built up over time. anyone have any recomendations?

cheers ross

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have some wonderwheels if u wanna buy it, only used it twice, when diluted a very good cleaner

106 GTi
I tend to try and not use anything stronger than Autogylm Clean Wheels. Even then I would not like to use it more than. (I dont like acid based cleaners) Lots on here recommend fairy power spray. Hit them with something hard, ONCE and then polish and seal them and all you will need is soap and water from there on in.

All that said try something paint freindly like Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner first and see if that works before going harsh IMO.

V6
i tried auto glym wheel cleaner and a bucket of hot soapy fairy up liquid made a lil bit of differece. dont fink they have been washed on inside for long time.

1998 1.2 8v mk2 clio
autosafe's active XL absolutly wicked stuff removes anything, brake dust, grease n oil, flys, degrease's windscreens, engine bays, cleanes up alloy corrosin, cums in a 25L drum for bout 25quid ok on paintwork aslong as you rinse it off wel and give it a polish after

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
i tried auto glym wheel cleaner and a bucket of hot soapy fairy up liquid made a lil bit of differece. dont fink they have been washed on inside for long time.

Try Fairy power spray, or the Fairy active foam stuff...they need a bit of work, but they do a good job, then as Rich says, seal them or use a barrier then you should be laughing.

106 GTi
If they have never been cleaned they will take a damn good scrubbing and a few applications of something on the insides then?