ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STR's Titanium 182

Renault Clio 182
Hello All,

I picked up my Titanium 182 around April 2019. A car that had been sitting in a workshop for a year or so I got it at a bargain price of 300 pounds.
The guy showed me it on the ramps and the underside was in great condition which was a plus. It needed a new battery so I fitted a Yuassa from GSF on my way home.

It had 2 folders with stacks of history and a Miltek Exhaust, other than that without crawling around underneath I think its standard. I got it back to mine and it continued to sit outside the house for another few months.

Its on 124k miles and that considered it looks really good for its age. Its had a replacement engine fitted by Renault in Epsom, it must have been under warranty as the bills states no cost but gives a full breakdown of what they carried out.
as I said there was heaps of history and its been very well maintained up until it ended up in the corner of a workshop, at least it was dry!

I had been into the French and Jap car scene a good few years back but knocked it on the head with the Purchase of my first house etc. Previously owned of note a 106 Rallye S2, Nissan 200SX, Mazda MX5.

So with the current Coronavirus and a lot more spare time I am between DIY / Gardening and my new enjoyment the Clio. This was how I purchased the car

20190710_201107.jpg

20190710_201136.jpg

Firstly I replaced the battered number plates, ordered from ProPlates and they arrived really quickly. Went for the smaller front mounted plate which smartens the whole front up

20200409_115905.jpg

I then set about restoring the headlights ( I want to do another pass on these as still not 100%) but a drastic improvement!

Before -
20200418_185605.jpg

After -
20200418_190140.jpg

You can see the line across the lower part of the headlight that still needs some more work!

The interior is clean enough, very untouched. the front seats the have bobbled slightly so I have tried to revive them, I have a load of cleaning products on order so the seats carpets etc will all be shampooed. The interior plastics are all ok but again will look at cleaning them all up properly with the right products.

Before -
-
20200427_142916.jpg

After -
20200427_144324.jpg

I then spent some time going around all the door shuts and removing all the grime I used an APC from DODO Juice but am waiting on some brushes so.I can get to the real hard to reach area's. I also removed the door and boot seals cleaned them out and worked in some Rubber / Door Seal cleaner

20200427_150818.jpg

20200427_151416.jpg

Attachments

• 20200409_180242.jpg
    20200409_180242.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  Renault Clio 182
Continued from above I did the same to the boot seal

20200427_180743.jpg

20200427_180754.jpg

I have worked on the engine bay getting it look a bit more presentable

20200427_174345.jpg

20200427_174303.jpg

20200427_174313.jpg

I have a big box of parts now here ready to carry out the following but will do it all at the same time when I get back to my parents garage where I have a set of ramps and decent jacks etc.

Oil, Filter & Sump plug change
Spark Plus
Ktec Panel Filter
Cabin Filter
Windscreen Wipers
Coolant Bottle & Coolant change
Battery Cover
New Washers / nuts and bolts for the engine bay

I have a few mods that I would like to carry out for a slight improvement visually so I ordered a Skoda Fabia Front Splitter as I have seen on this forum along with some LED rear number plate bulbs as the current one looks like a candle.

I have also ordered the Powerflex dog bone engine mount along with the upper engine mount (I have a slight knock from engine movement at very slow speeds when crawling in traffic, Im hoping they will sort that)
Also ordered the 2 rear Powerflex exhaust mounts as one has perished.

I well and truly have the bug again and have enjoyed browsing this forum for information. Will keep this updated with some more exciting updates as parts arrive / I can get it on the ramps and get stuck in.

Thanks!

Renault Clio 182
Carried out a few basic cleaning / maintenance jobs on the 182 over the last few days.

I changed the cabin filter, didn't take a picture but it looks like its never been changed!

I have removed the airbox and throughly cleaned all the components, found a Ktec racing filter inside which I have cleaned and replaced the rusted filter casing bolts with some smart black ones from ProBolt. I also managed to revive the plastic box as it was faded and in a poor condition.

Before

20200519_165708.jpg

After (I intend to replace that rubber / washer combo on the front of the airbag when I go to refit it)

20200522_180638.jpg

I have also cleaned the engine bay,

I removed the bonnet sound proofing and re dyed it as it was faded and old. I have refitted that back in position and cleaned the underside of the bonnet. I quite like the look without it, but as I want this to be fairly comfy / quiet I will leave it in position.

20200517_131403.jpg

20200518_183234.jpg

Have some other updates that I will add this evening!

🙌 Cheers