ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggles to start, runs lumpy, cuts out and speedometer faults.

Clio 172
Hi everyone thanks for reading. I have a clio 172 ph2 which has started to have some issues. When I go to start the car it takes many cranks to start it and when it does start it runs slightly lumpy and randomly cuts out. Also when I am cranking the engine to start the car the speedometer flutters between 20 and 40 mph for some unknown reason. This problem has only started since the starting problems. I have had the car diagnostics checked and it came back with a error for a open circuit on the throttle body. I have now ordered a new throttle body hoping that it will solve the problems with the starting and running of the engine but am at a miss to why the speedometer would be fluttering up and down. I presume this is a second fault but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this or knew what the problem is or if my 2 problems were actually connected. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers.