ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Brace

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Just got a strut brace mainly for looks ofc :) but i was wondering if anyone can do a little guide to fit it on a 172 cup? So i dont bodge anything :) also my fan belt seems to be slipping on cold wet mornings... How do i tighten it? Or is it best not to do it my self.. Or can you not tighten it an I just need to buy a new belt?? blah

There two belts on the car the aux and the main cambelt the maian cmbelt you won't see.
The aux belt is the one used to power all the other bits and if this is one your on about then the pretentiners have been problems if its under warently get them changed otherwise I'd look at getting a garage to chnage them as unfortunatly if it does brake whilst its no huge blown up engine the belt can get into the cambelt and wreck the engine leaving you with a big bill.
Try spraying them with some oil or similar though.
Dead easy to fit though just put in place, mark holes, drill holes, paint it so nothing rusts (its a huge potential rust an unplainted/untreated hole there) then bolt on with some proper bolts not the usual junk they supply.