ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut Braces...

Valver..
1.8 16v Clio got my eye on a strut brace heard loads about these gd and bad.. wat ya views.... just look goood or worth while gettin?

do a search buddy ...... look very nice imo , more for show than performance unless you fit it correctly , fitted with other mods can make a difference

RS Clio 200
been alot of debate about them on the clio.
To be honest, i have one, and i cant say its made any difference...but i had it fitted at the same time as the H&R's so i dont know how much is purely H&R and how much could be strut brace if you see what i mean.

Realistically, if you want it to work, dont bother buying ure run of the mill K-tec and OMP kinda ones.... get something a little stronger, and its gonna have to be properly bolted, and possibly welded on as well for it to really have an impact.

Same at the rear, K-tec one looks good (i have it) but i really dont think it does much. More for the looks

Valver..
cheers guys im stuck in the middle... wont it really for performance.. ive got coil overs on at the mo, just wont something to stiffen it up a lil more ill do a search and see what other ppl have to say..!! :D

RS Clio 200
then ure best bet is a properly bolted and welden on strut... will make a difference if dont this way

Valver..
yer mayb... well they are only round the corner soo ill take a trip and see what they got on offer...once welded thou u could always angle grind it off..lol.. but i see what u mean!

Valver..
nipped down to K-tec yesterday had a chat with a few ppl... the one they have in stock for the valver is stainless and wont really weld to well to the colums, so he took my number and was on about making one up bla bla bla...dont wanna pay through the roof so he says the boss with give us a call monday and talk about a few other things im interested in....

Valver..
yeeeeer wat i fort.. so wat i was thinkin is gettin the measurments and takin them to a metal fabercater (s**t spellin) that we use for work, and havin them make one up..and then charge it to Wessex Waters account..(who i work for) any1 no where i could get a mock up drawing from... or the measurments from?

Valver..
indeeeed... they do it all... ill tell em wat i wont and how i wont it... then give em a few pics... take my car up there is well so they can maybe measure it for them selves.. any idea on wat type is best...mounted on the side or on the tops of the colums?

is this really to hold you car together Chris? ;)

i've never been tempted myself, although none of my cars have really needed one.

Valver..
is this really to hold you car together Chris? ;)

i've never been tempted myself, although none of my cars have really needed one.

How come ur havin a go at my car Dan... its not me with the engine mounts goin and the weird knockin noise comin from under the bonnet... :rasp: ... reason why i wont one is for a lil more stiffness and it also looks good under the bonnet...! :D