ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud Conversion Help Needed.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Basically im having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, tried fitting rear 15mm FK hubcentric spacers over the weekend (Ones which bolt to the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer) Found that my standard wheel bolts were too long and fouled the hub meaning i was unable to fit the wheels. I have decided i would rather go for a stud conversion rather than buy shorter wheel bolts.

After some great advice from Tony i fitted the spacer to the hub and set the wheel on top, measuring the distance through the wheel and wheel bolt thread of the spacer as 75mm to the outside of the wheel. Was happy with this as i was thinking of going for the Pure motorsport stud conversion which was also 75mm. However after reading the product details it does say only for a 12mm spacer however it doesnt confirm if that means 12mm with the stud going through the wheel > spacer > into the hub or if thats just going through a spacer to the wheel.

Have been reading Lewis's thread which seemed similair however i believe his spacers would use longer studs anyway resulting in him buying them seperatley from Larkspeed.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-me-some-wheel-spacers!&p=8356418#post8356418

Was hoping someone would be able to advise if the Pure motorsport kit would be sufficient or if i would need to buy say 80mm studs instead to go with a larger spacer ?? Have searched and searched and think im just confusing myself more now so would be very thankful for any assistance. Need to get some sorted asap.

Jay

The PMS kit is designed to be be used as you say with upto 12mm spacers so if you mean you are going to go straight through the spacers you have got into the hub then this wouldn't be ideal. (I'm not sure this is recommended with a bolt to hub spacer though) The reason the PMS 75mm kit only allows for 12mm spacers is because of the bullet tips on the studs which I would estimate takes up nearly 10mm off the useable stud length. I would suggest you bolt the spacer to the hub and then just add a stud kit to that :) The picture below is the PMS kit on my car and shows the amount of thread left with no spacers fitted.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 108

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
The PMS kit is designed to be be used as you say with upto 12mm spacers so if you mean you are going to go straight through the spacers you have got into the hub then this wouldn't be ideal. (I'm not sure this is recommended with a bolt to hub spacer though) The reason the PMS 75mm kit only allows for 12mm spacers is because of the bullet tips on the studs which I would estimate takes up nearly 10mm off the useable stud length. I would suggest you bolt the spacer to the hub and then just add a stud kit to that :) The picture below is the PMS kit on my car and shows the amount of thread left with no spacers fitted.

Thanks mate, I was going to bolt the spacer to the hub first of all with the FK Bolts that came with them and then add the stud to the spacer afterwards securing the wheel to the spacer like you said above. Do you think the pure motorsport kit would be sufficent for that ? or alternatively would you know of another stud kit i could go for ? Cheers btw

Yes mate if you are bolting the spacer to the hub first and then fitting the stud kit to the spacer then they will be perfect as it is just as though you are fitting them to the hub :) You would have roughly the same amount of thread left as my picture! I would recommend the PMS kit all day long it really is a quality bit of kit and if you are taking the wheels on and off often they seem very strong and the bullet tip makes it very simple and quick to fit the nuts :)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yes mate if you are bolting the spacer to the hub first and then fitting the stud kit to the spacer then they will be perfect as it is just as though you are fitting them to the hub :) You would have roughly the same amount of thread left as my picture! I would recommend the PMS kit all day long it really is a quality bit of kit and if you are taking the wheels on and off often they seem very strong and the bullet tip makes it very simple and quick to fit the nuts :)

Thanks so much thats really set my mind at rest. Hadnt looked at it that way but now you have said it does make sense. I will look to get some ordered, cheers mate