ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid amp question

please excuse me for not knowing much about ice...but hey, if you dont ask you dont learn....

I see amps come in 2 channels, 4 channels etc....

If I want to run 4 door speakers and a 8/10 inch sub what type of amp would i need? or would it be better to have a seperate amp for the sub and one for the door speakers? would that be a 4 channel?

thanks for all your help guys! :)

2 channel means you can run two speakers off it. If you get a bridgable amp, then you can run 1 sub from a 2 channel amp.

4 channel you can run 4 speakers. If you get a bridgable one, you can run 2 subs, or 2 speakers and 1 sub.

Best bet is to get a 4 channel amp and amp your speakers up with that, then get a 1 or 2 channel amp to run the sub from.

Try to get a sub amp as they are set up different to normal amps, for the bass filters etc.

i have a perfect amp forsale for subs its a kenwood kac815d i think the model number is its a mono amp 1000w into 2 chanels

Nissan R35 GT-R

You can also get some really great amps that have 4 channels for the speakers, and then a seperate channel with isolated filters and controls for the sub.

I looked at one a while ago, but then spent my money on something else!

frosty...do you know what it was called...i could search through all the car audio sites but time i find one ill of given up lol....plus you might know of a good one!

randy16v...thanks for the offer but all these purchases wont be made for a while yet...no money at the moment so i wouldnt hold your breathe

Nissan R35 GT-R

thanks for your help guys, much apprieciated!!

now only if i could concentrate on actually working/earning money rather than looking at amps on the net i may earn some money to pay for them!!

thanks again

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 31 January 2005
^^^ he he heWeve all been there ;)

just a little too often, especially with an audio addiction like i have :oops: