ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid mate and his stupid looking car

OK, I've migrated from a Clio and bought an ST because of the crap build quality of the clio. Within 2 and a half years I had a new gearbox, clutch, 2 sunroof handles, 2 rotary switches, 2 ignition coils, drive train seal, new battery and god knows what else. Everything rattled including the bloody CD player lol. I've had nothing replaced on my ST so far. Whats the point in having something powerful if it needs a garage visit every 5 minutes? In a straight line there is no doubt that the Clio 182 would beat the Fiesta ST but I reckon it would be very close around the track. Fifth Gear's lap test showed that around their track, the clio 182 beat the fiesta by a measly 0.83 seconds even though it has a weight advantage and of-course the extra 32hp helps lol. Check it out here: http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=401&featureid=89&pageid=180&show=s8e4&section=Shootout If all your bothered about is straight line shoot-outs then try your luck on type R's instead.

At least we can do minor modifications to our cars and recieve a lot higher gains than those compared to the clio, such as the K&N 57i giving us a good 10hp as mentioned previously, whereas you'd be lucky to get 3hp on an RS.

The looks of the Fiesta ST are actually very good. At least you have to agree that the rear end is alot better than the RS clio. I do like the front end of the clio but it's no better than the ST fiesta.

I know, god knows why they put it on top of the engine, apart from lack of space. I think the mongoose is supposed to be a lot better than the janspeed one. Most of the power is gained because the standard manifold and flexi is not wide enough.

Shaun> Yes they look similar on the outside but there are suttle differences such as side skirts, rear disc brakes, exposed exhaust on the rear and most zs's don't have painted door mirrors. Of course you can't get a zs in Performance blue.

MCS R56
OK, I've migrated from a Clio and bought an ST because of the crap build quality of the clio. Within 2 and a half years I had a new gearbox, clutch, 2 sunroof handles, 2 rotary switches, 2 ignition coils, drive train seal, new battery and god knows what else. Everything rattled including the bloody CD player lol. I've had nothing replaced on my ST so far. Whats the point in having something powerful if it needs a garage visit every 5 minutes? In a straight line there is no doubt that the Clio 182 would beat the Fiesta ST but I reckon it would be very close around the track. Fifth Gear's lap test showed that around their track, the clio 182 beat the fiesta by a measly 0.83 seconds even though it has a weight advantage and of-course the extra 32hp helps lol. Check it out here: http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=401&featureid=89&pageid=180&show=s8e4&section=Shootout If all your bothered about is straight line shoot-outs then try your luck on type R's instead.

At least we can do minor modifications to our cars and recieve a lot higher gains than those compared to the clio, such as the K&N 57i giving us a good 10hp as mentioned previously, whereas you'd be lucky to get 3hp on an RS.

The looks of the Fiesta ST are actually very good. At least you have to agree that the rear end is alot better than the RS clio. I do like the front end of the clio but it's no better than the ST fiesta.

Jealousy is very weak. You know the Clio has much better performance. 0.83 secs on 1 lap, 10 laps is 8.30secs, 20 laps 16.60......will I go on, and that's on a tiny track! No contest. End of.

Classic Mini Cooper
Wow, what a debate one comment at the start created! Well I have sold my 172 phase 2 now and bought a Scooby Wagon with 240bhp, and I had a spotty little oike tried to race me in his Fiesta ST, After I had finished crying with laugter I whipped his sorry arse into next week, so it goes to show, that even when up against a car, that if you know the slightest thing about bhp and motors, would beat you hands down, some t***s still have a go!:)

Monblue bombay badboy!
i do agree that you would smoke a fiesta but my brother has a r32 and the rs is no match for it and no matter what anyone says the r32 is the best handling car i have ever driven!

Not driven many cars then.

driven lots of cars but the fact you are comparing a clio to a 3.2 v6 4x4 is just stupity yes clios are quick and i do love mine but hey you have to draw a line some where and say yes im beaten!

You have to ask yourself this? If you had the choice what would you have a r32 or a clio?

As much as i love my ph-quick im sorry but it would be an r32!;)

MCS R56
Jealousy.... What a stupid statement. I've already said it's faster. At least ST's get more looks :p

People pointing and laughing, or asking themselves wtf it is....and zetec or an ST. Have you been counting the people who look at your car?

Your statement makes you sound jealous when you say things like "At least we can do minor modifications to our cars and recieve a lot higher gains than those compared to the clio, such as the K&N 57i giving us a good 10hp as mentioned previously, whereas you'd be lucky to get 3hp on an RS."

MCS R56
Not driven many cars then.

driven lots of cars but the fact you are comparing a clio to a 3.2 v6 4x4 is just stupity yes clios are quick and i do love mine but hey you have to draw a line some where and say yes im beaten!

You have to ask yourself this? If you had the choice what would you have a r32 or a clio?

Not my point and I didn't mention the R32. My point was, if the R32 is the best handling car you have driven then you can't have driven that many good handling cars. And I would have my Clio because I personally don't really like Golfs. Or VW for that matter.

Jealousy.... What a stupid statement. I've already said it's faster. At least ST's get more looks :p

People pointing and laughing, or asking themselves wtf it is....and zetec or an ST. Have you been counting the people who look at your car?

Your statement makes you sound jealous when you say things like "At least we can do minor modifications to our cars and recieve a lot higher gains than those compared to the clio, such as the K&N 57i giving us a good 10hp as mentioned previously, whereas you'd be lucky to get 3hp on an RS."

oh, whatever... your boring me now. You obviously did'nt spot the irony did you.

MCS R56

oh, whatever... your boring me now. You obviously did'nt spot the irony did you.

Dry your eyes

Monblue bombay badboy!

Not my point and I didn't mention the R32. My point was, if the R32 is the best handling car you have driven then you can't have driven that many good handling cars. And I would have my Clio because I personally don't really like Golfs. Or VW for that matter.

ok gaz sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

Mountune Tractor
Diesel-V.JPG

'Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning'

Thanks for clearing that up Dom - the moral of the story is...the fiesta is slower.

ph1 172 Black
I had a quick race with one.

I pulled two cars away coming off roundabout in second. Kept it all way through third. Changed early and hit 4th at 4k and still kept same distance. Had to go somewhere else so left it. He gave me a flash too say nice race and I did same back.

He was obviously up for it because he was gonna go other way in left turn only lane till I gave mine a bit of gas in straight on lane. He changed lanes and stuck to my back end. Kept it steady until got to the straight and then went for it.

End of day his car was well newer and mines a 100k ph-quick so I was grinned all the way home!