ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid sky channels - screen burn !!!!

Rav4
Don't these music channels that have the constant logo on the channel realise people with plasmas suffer slight image burn.

Why don't they shift the stupid logo every so often or just have an option to remove the logo if you wish!!!!

I know most new TV's have pixel shift technology, however, if you have a channel on for a couple of hours, it can be annoying.

Meh !

get the manual out. On my old plasma, i could set it so the screen moved about every so often. Im sur eyou can do the same.

It is a worry. The one that causes me greatest concern is the bloody BBC interactive red dot. This single red dot does causes image retention after a while. There's a difference between retention and burn though. Pretty sure you'd be unlucky to actually burn it these days. Mine reatins a green dot from the red dot, but it's gone within 10 seconds of moving images washing it away :)

It's just something you have to be mindful of when you own a Plasma, but I agree, the cnuts should realise that some people may actually damage their TVs as a result of their frickin logos. The BBC dot is the only problem I've encountrerd though TBH. Huge gaming session the other night and there was no retention at all :)

Hmmm I don't have Sky. I use Freeview, but there's obviously a way to remove it. I'll Google the mofo later :)

Ah my bad. Yeah look it up, there will be something on the remote that gets rid. You can't do it permanently just when it comes up press it and it goes till you change channel.

lcd's ftw!

Indeed, but if you're willing to be mindful of image retention, a plasma rewards with smoother more life-like motion, better blacks, and no backlight bleed. Each system has its merits TBH :)

The 24p motion my Panny plasma is a cut above what I've seen any LCD do with the same source. Then again, the LCD camp don't have to worry about retention so fair play.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
We've had our plasma for nearly 5yrs, watched lots of channels with logos and left things on pause for a while (normally my mum or sister, my dad and me are careful lol) and have had no image burn of any kind. And that was from when image burn was suppose to be a propper threat. Not so much nowaday.

Plasmas of today should all be fine, esp since games keep images on the screen constantly.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
had my 42" plasma for 4 years now and always watch sky channels with various different logos in corners, at first i was worried but sooner or later you forget about it. Oh and 4 years on i dont have any burn in at all

Most tv stations actually remove the logo's now when adverts come on so the tv gets a break. And doesn't it have to be on for a stupid amount of hours for it to actually burn? It is annoying though.

vers le haut doigt milieu
it will only burn in depending on what monitor you have, I have in the past permanently burnt in logos colour bars and screen divides to plasma's and CRTS. Most modem LCD's and TFT's are near indestructible, we leave them on 24/7 for many years with no problems.

What you wanna look out for is paramount comedy +1 services as they will never remove the plus one bug from the top left hand side even when they are on adverts, it will burn in in the space of 2 hours on most TV's produced before 2005.

vers le haut doigt milieu
the red dot pisses me off in general
little b*****d

push backup and it will disappear for sky...

Virgin change your box setting to remove the red dot after period

freview, some boxs allow red dot removal by pushing the blue button.

On sky +, if you pause it for a few seconds it gets rid off the red dot to, and its gone until you watch live tv again.