ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid speedo!

2001 clio 16v
hope you guys can help me,

i have a 51 plate clio 1.2 16v, i had to replace the diriveshafts because the abs rings corroded and fell off! The supplier i got the shafts off spromised me they were the correct ones but there are 2 different types of abs rings... after fitting the shafts, the speedo now reads round about double what my sat nav is telling me, i followed my brother down the road at 30 mph and mine was saying around 58 ish :S i unplugged the wheel speed sensors and it now tells me the correct speed... anyone know how to fix this problem as i dont fancy driving without abs :( any help much appreciated... thanks in advance,

nick.

2001 clio 16v
Do you think its definately the rings that is the problem? i think i have the 44 tooth rings? and im told there are also rings with 26 teeth, will the shafts with less teeth on the rings lower the speed to the correct speed?

172/1.2/E30
Double speed on speedo => to many teeth (x2). Bring the shafts back to your supplier and get the proper ones from him/Renault. OE shafts aren' that expensive.

2001 clio 16v
ahh s**t! haha okay thanks alot for your help pal :) suppose its time for new shafts lol cheers mate, big help