ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid V6 Gearbox

Clio 182 Trophy, V6

Hi guyz, long time no speak! If anyone remembers me I am the guy that bought a v6 2 months ago and took it to Robins Cruise. Its on a 51 plate and the Dif decided to remove itself from its nice little house and go for a wonder around the gearbox causing an almighty crunching noise and no forward drive:eek:. It was at this point that I felt slightly embarrased having the young lady sitting in the passenger seat giving me a strange stare- I think I wont be dating her anymore!:p The car ended up on the back of a recovery truck heading for the local Renault dealership with a note on it saying fix me! The following day after the Service manager had stripped it down and confimed a missing diff, he phoned Renault Warrenty. It was at this point that they said the Gearbox on a v6 had never failed and it must have been due to driving abuse!:eek: BUT this particular gearbox was tested to distruction and is used in racing cars and never failed according to them. I was then given the choice of paying approx £2 k for a new box or pay £750 for one of there engineers to tell them it was a manufacturing fault!:sick: or if his bias opinion said it was abuse I would then have to add the two bills together. As you can probably imagine I am very disatisfied with the level of service I have received and would like to ask if anyone has a spare box I can have:), good advice they can give or suggestions that might be useful in my predicament:D. Thanx everyone, your fellow Very poor clio owner:mad:.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Jesus, sounds like you had a bit of bad luck!

The sh*tty service is expected from renault thats no surprise, however i would strongly suggest you contact Renault UK (i gather its still under warrentee?) and demand a new gearbox FOC. It must have been installed poorly or something if you have driven it normally?

Kick up more of a fuss, threaten them with court action

E36 323i coupe

I agree with aaronc. I had problems with the dealer making me pay for things, cancelling my warrantee etc. I wrote to the following address,

Mr. Bruno Vanel
Director, Marketing
Renault UK Limited
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Maple Cross
Rickmansworth
Herts
WD3 9YS

I was polite yet, threatening, and very firm. They phoned me two days after I posted the letter, and wrote within a week, and it was all sorted out: warrantee reinstated and payments refunded.

Dont make empty threats though. Take some legal advice... if only from the Citizens Advice Bureau. Then you have some grounds, and will not falter when they phone you up.

Good luck with it.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Nothing is guaranteed NOT to fail surely!! especially related to Reno!

May have never failed before but there is allways a first time!!!!

Get a letter off to Customer Services....Barry Williams CS Manager.

Or PM Jeremy Townsend to see if he has any ideas!!

That is bollox what they say....time share sellers seem like pussycats in relation to your Reno monkeys.

Good luck