ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly unplugged the ignition key reading barrel

Renault Clio 02
plugged it all back up put it back on now the car tries turning over but doesnt start? any idea of what i should do. car was starting up fine before

bmw m3, clio sport
Hmm strange, has it been stood a while? Battery voltage may be little low and be a coincidence.

Renault Clio 02
tbh if its the battery again i think i might have a problem with it. could it be to do with a bad earth? ive had the dash off and recently done a earth which isnt the best but should work fine.

bmw m3, clio sport
I have my dash out and I've scratched the paint off to get a good earth. It could be down to a bad earth yes. I've just changed my battery as it was only holding 12v dead, needed about 12.4v to start. So measure what your battery is, and try some jump leads, if it still doesn't start with them you have a problem with wiring I think.