ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub and Amp in Clio?

Mk2 1.2 16v
Hey,

I'm thinking about putting a subwoofer and amp into my clio.

What i need to know is, can you run the subwoofer and amp with the normal clio headunit and speakers?

Or will i need to buy a new headunit and new speakers?

Cheers,

Dan

clio 182 54 reg
depends if the head unit has preouts for the phono leads to go into , but with it being standard its prob cheap dependin how old it is ect might aswell get a head unit then see how good the speakers sound witht that then you could upgrade the speakers in it also,

?
Get a new headunit mate.. otherwise you'll regret it. Speakers arn't as important for now, you can always change them later. Whats your budget for everything?

clio 182 54 reg
if you replace the headunit can you still have the audio controls behind the steerin wheel working?

WANTED Arctic 182
If you buy the adapter you can. I would just change the headunit and get an active sub. I used to like having a sub in my car but being on here for a year has made me want the power instead.

Mk2 1.2 16v
ok thanks everyone.

i have about 200 to spend, if anyone has any recommendations please say so :)

Megane R26 F1 #1931
for £200 your best goin down Halfords mate and then fitting it yourself. They've always got a few decent deals on you just gotta be patient until you find the right one. I got a Mutant sub with amp and radio for about £190 from Halfords dropped down from £280.

AK

M240i
ok thanks everyone.

i have about 200 to spend, if anyone has any recommendations please say so :)

for £200 your best goin down Halfords mate and then fitting it yourself. They've always got a few decent deals on you just gotta be patient until you find the right one. I got a Mutant sub with amp and radio for about £190 from Halfords dropped down from £280.

Dunno if it was the same sorta deal but i got a mutant sub and amp for £160 ish a while back!

Actually got the sub sitting in my room doing nothing if you want it? Amp i've kept to amp up the speakers in the car!