ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub and Amp Not Working.

RS Meg 175
Got my new headunit this morning P77mp, so i fitted it with all the wires and adapters and tried to fit it to the back of the dash but it is hanging out and wont go in properly.

But the real problem is the sub and amp,

I have connected everything im aware of that i need to connect:

Remote from HU adapter to amp
Phonos from HU to amp
Power from battery to amp
Earth from underback seats to amp
Two wires from amp to sub

There is no lights on the amp at all and the sub is doing nothing at all.

The power cable was cut when i got it so i stripped it then joined the two together with electrical tape.

Can anyone help at all? im royyally fckd off as you can imagine as i dont no what the hell else to do :(

Any help would be cosmic lol

Matt

RS Meg 175
How do i tell if it is a good earth? i have tried two places so far :S (thanks for quick replies :) )

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
besst earths iv found are actually on the solid mounts of the car, closest to the chassis as poss. just any solid block of metal that you can screw down into.

Things to check in this order!!:

-Power is connected
-Fuse=OK
- Good earthing point! (Should Get A good spark if you touch it with power cable{Not Recommended})
REM

-Forget the REM untill you can turn the amp on! All you need to do to rule out the REM. (attach a small amount of cable to the Power terminal and touch the other on the REm Terminal)

if the amp turns On = REM Cable is faulty, connected wrongly at head unit or bad connection along the cable! Answer: Make sure you have connected it to a live feed at the head unit. After correct connection is found, test. Use a different cable if still faulty.

If Amp does not turn on: Check power and all fuses again and recheck earthing point!

PM for other help!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Seeing whether ur amp and sub works?

Not sure if its the same for ph1s but on my car (ph2) there is a bolt where the left hand rear passengers leg will be, so directly below the front passengers seat. I used that

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If the remote wire is turning on the amp, then it will light up red/ show a fault on your amp if there is a problem with live/ earth connections. If the remote wire isn't turning on the amp then nothing will happen wether you have a good live/ earth or not.

Check you're remote feed and fuses before anything else

Polo + Micra
The power cable was cut when i got it so i stripped it then joined the two together with electrical tape.

did you use some sort of connector or just tape?

RS Meg 175
Its all sorted now :D

Just for reference i used the rear light bolt anyway!

And it was the 40 amp fuse next to the battery it was full on blasted, so grabbed a new pair from halfords and bobs your monkhouse :)

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
hang on your power wire is connected with just tape? I wouldn't be driving around like that mate. Get a new cable without a break in it

Polo + Micra
you can rejoin it but don't use just tape

use a sutible size through crimp and some heat shrink

RS Meg 175
Its working fine now mate ^^

--------------------

Nope not really, crimping isnt difficult but it is without the correct stuff, can i not just get one the metal gripper things that are cased in plastic, then you close the metal down on either side of the wire with pliers?

Polo + Micra
yeah there called through crimps but you won't be able to get one to fit your power cable and crush it with pliers

Mk1 Maxim Sport
u dont need a bloody voltmeter dnt be slly, just put two screwdrivers on the positive and negative points on the amp and touch the metal parts together very quickly, a spark means uv got power. I did it to myne earlier today when i was having problems an had no problems from doing it.

As for the headunit not sitting properly, try and get behind the dash and pull the cables as far back as u can, Usually they wont go fully in because there is a big lump of cables stopping it.

Anyway back to the amp, as said check the earth, if ur earthing it under ur seat mounts try sanding some paint off to leave bare metal then re tighten, check the fuses, check the wires are screwed into the amp tightly. And lastly, if still nothing check the rem cable.

My sub wouldnt work earlier today and it turnd out i had connected the rem cable to the steering control cable behind the hu lmao. Silly mistake but its done now.

Good luck!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Its working fine now mate ^^

--------------------

Nope not really, crimping isnt difficult but it is without the correct stuff, can i not just get one the metal gripper things that are cased in plastic, then you close the metal down on either side of the wire with pliers?

oops forget my reply then lol.