ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub Box placement in Clio II and door build.

I currently have a Magnet 1200 XTC sub in ported box (built to magnet rec specs). I am puzzled as to where to place the sub. Originally I had it pointing up to the back window and this was good. However, after reading an article on www.installer.com I decided I should experiment a bit and try the sub placed at the back of the boot facing backwards. However it sounded quieter - I suppose I really need equipment to test this as my ears are sh*t anyway. Where is the best place generally to position a sub in the Clio II for good SPL. Also I have just laid dynamat throughout the boot area - less rattles now (good) but my sub seems quieter!!. Any thoughts?

Also I am doing a door build and as I took the panels off there was this sealer on the inside of the panel. Where is the best place to buy some more to reseal it?

Thanks.

generally the best way to position a sub is backwards facing the bootlid or angled slightly upwards towards the window. Foe SQ installations subs are usually positioned sideways on firing at each other or towards the rear seats.

I tend to think that they always sound best firing backwards and has been proven that it is the best way to do it. You may notice that everything rattles more but at least youll get better SPL figures.

Just one thing. Im assuming that if you have built a box to Magnat specs, then its a ported box. In which case. It shouldnt really matter which way you put the sub round. It will get the same SPL meter reading either way round.

hope this helps

Russ

Evil ICE Car Audio