ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub getting no power

Black mk3 clio
my sub has suddenly stopped working last night, a few days ago i had the battery out to test fit an air filter which i didnt like anyway and it was fine then but then stopped working as i got into my car last night, the power lead is attached to the battery so i know it's connected but the light on the sub is not on so it's not recieving power. Any ideas on what could be wrong/ need to check?
Thank you

Black mk3 clio
On the power cable just before it gets to the battery there is a little black box with a fuse in it, I guess it could be that one, by looking at it can you tell if its blown? All the other electrics work fine so I gather its not any other fuse?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well check the fuse on that, its easy to see if the fuse has gone as the little metal connector inside the fuse will have snapped inside it. If not, check the fuse on your amplifier connected to the sub, if its not that, check the rca cable/remote cable and if not them.. could be the amp isnt working!

1.2 16v clio
i would recheck the power cable fuse not for it being blown to see if its making a connection i had a glass fuse in my car before and it separated inside but looked like fine when you gave it a quick once over

you should be able to see the fuse on the amps just by looking at the top of them or on either side

172 cup
Make sure the connection on the battery is tight, have had it in the past where I havernt tighted it enough and it affected the amps. other than that, as said check the fuses and earth.

Sport 172 flame Red
Definitely check your ground (earth) cable if that is not dead tight and a good connection then this can cause problems as you are experiencing.

Jap Box
Is there any power light at all? Usually it will be red if theres power going to it but theres somethign wrong with the ground/remote. It will then be green if the circuit is complete, well thats what mine does anyway.

2007 Clio 197 r27
I had the same problem with mine a few days ago, so I went an baught a really good quality wiring kit an it started working again!:) I had checked everything before hand though an there was nothing obvious I even took my whole sub and amp apart! Lol;)