ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub Insulating

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
This may be a bit confusing as i do not have a picture to show you as of yet BUT...

I've basically made a false floor that is raised up in the boot and the sub is sat in a piece of about 3cm thick mdf. It is also lowered into the spare wheel hole. I want to insulate it as the bass from it at the moment is rather sh*t. I was gona go for the simple; whack it in a sealed box trick, but saddly there is not enough room...what can you suggest?

thanks in advance

Polo + Micra
so you are running the sub with an infinite baffle??

can you not sort of build a box on the back of the mdf??

or maybe some thing with fiberglass

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
no chance of getting decent sound from stuffing it with cotton wool or anything?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Would lining the well with dynatt extreme work if the sub was held in place with the false floor ?

Polo + Micra
he needs to seal the rear of the sub

running it infinite baffle will make it sound poo

"Navy" N17 TWO
:rolleyes: There goes my idea then lol

Looking to put the sub in a false floor somehow to save bootspace
Put a bit of perspex over the sub to protect it and match up with the amp panels

Can it still be done?

There's one company that does boxes that are designed to fit around the contours of the boot on either side, so you lose as little space as possible - I just can't remember the name now...

autoacoustics, but hes on about mounting the subwoofer in the floor, thats easy mate, just make an enclosure in the spare wheel recess and bobs ya uncle.
You can either make the most of the space in there and fiberglass the spare wheel shape or you could simply just box it out and seal a false floor to it and drop it into place.

muz

big fat japanese bus
you have a huge spike in your spare wheel well ? I do!

Best optiion Line the well in Dynamat/Brown Bread then cover in masking tape

Build a fibreglass enclosure up to the sides of the well. once this has cured fill it with water to get the volume of air you have. Now I need to know what sub you have as you need to be careful of the volume of the box.