ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub positioning

E91 M Sport

Apparently if you fire it towards the rear, the soundwaves have to travel further to reach your ears (because the waves reflect on the rear hatch), and therefore develop a deeper note by the time they arrive there.

But as with all these things, its probably best to experiment.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 23 November 2004

i heard ur ears cant determine where bass comes from, so i doubt it matters to be honest
thats what i have been told aswell

bass isnt as directional as a normal sound, it shouldnt really matter too much id have thought

ive got mine facing up towards the parcel shelf, my boxes are on there back

correct, subs are non-directional speakers

though the space available in front of the sub can often change the sound produced

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Cheers guys.

Dogmaul - The car is Bubbles old valver. I bought it about a month ago.

Brun - The false floor was about an afternoons work on my own and im very happy with it.

Im going to mount the sub in a way where i could take it off and change it around if i ever felt like it. Ill get some pictures up when im done.

as a rule from dls, in small cars, sub should face back of the car (so should port) or they should both point to the roof larger cars (with sealed boot) should poit forwards (to driver) and in an estate they should both point back.

once this is done, if bass is anchoring in the back, flip phase, it may bring it forwards if you lucky!

when i had my rear seats out, i played around with two ses in a sealed and a ported, and the ported sounded great pointing towards the roof, and sub facing up aswell. the sealed sounded better facing forward. but all circustances are fifferent, yet i have harnessed and buckets aswell, so give those a go