ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub stopped working but still has power

Clio 1.2
I have a vibe black air sub with built in amp , the blue lights on sub still come on but I have a small control box where I can alter frequency and gain , the light for this is off , all was working perfect until mid song it cut out and not won't work , any solutions?

CLS320 with a D6
What's the voltage reading like across the positive and negatives of the amp with the engine running? Is the control box part of the amp/boot setup or remote near the driver?

Clio 1.2
I haven't got my multimeter from my mate , the sub was working fine until on route home from work it just stopped , the control box comes from sub to the drivers seat via an Ethernet port like cable

Polo + Micra
is the blue light a power indicator or some sort of effect lighting?

as you could still get enought to drive some LEDs off the remote power

Polo + Micra
ahh well they could be running off the remote. try taking your fuse out of the power line for the sub and switching the head unit on

Are your RCA leads damaged? They could have got trapped somewhere and ripped. The same happened to my remote wire which stopped the amp from powering up.

Iceberg 172
^
ive had both of those problems. i put a rocker switch in the live cable and bypassed the remote with a small live loop to the remote port and then controlled the power with the switch i put in, just behind the gear stick.
easy enough to do and stops any chance of the remote wire breaking as theyre flimsy as hell

Clio 1.2
The control box that controls frequency and gain doesn't have a power light on it , would this stop the sub working ?

^
ive had both of those problems. i put a rocker switch in the live cable and bypassed the remote with a small live loop to the remote port and then controlled the power with the switch i put in, just behind the gear stick.
easy enough to do and stops any chance of the remote wire breaking as theyre flimsy as hell

Speaker wire ;) I don't know why they make them so s**t! Massive waste of material.

Polo + Micra
the control box will just be a remote control for the bass and gain i imagine

you need to take the fuse out and switch the head unit on and see if the LEDs come on

Clio 1.2 16v
How old is the sub? one of mine stopped working a while back and I unscrewed the sub and took it out of the box to find the tinsel wire had blown off it.