ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subs and Head Unit

ClioSport 182
I want to fit my sub and amp in my clio 182 and for me it would be a tough job to do, managed it in my last clio 1.4 but now having the 182 it be harder get in at the place. I have been quoted £70-£100 from to places and im jus like :S tha much for a wire through a car lol.

I was will be running it off the standard head unit, is there anybody that doing this and what is it like because when speakin to one off the fitter he mentioned somthin about i'll have to go trhough a high point connection or somthin..

Chelsea tractor
For wires from the head unit to the boot:
Take away the gear stick surround (unclip the back, unscrew it and lift), poke the wires under the carpet, pull them from the join under the passenger seat, poke them towards the back seats, put your hand under the carpet in front of the rear seats and pull it through. It's easier if you take the rear seats out to do it.

Bit fiddly - takes about 20 minutes.

Google it...

clio 172 cup
ive got mine wired up to my standard head unit.sound mint. too me about hour and half to fit it in all neatly. i would rather have a go myself than pay some dude to fit it.

ClioSport 182
Anyone send me a guide how to do it please.

Rich how did you hgo about the fitting with the hig input connection

clio 172 cup
im not very technical with audio but it was simple. i bought a converter box which i soldered into the rear speaker wires so i could plug my phono leads into it. then i earthed the box behind the head unit using the eath wire. then i found the remote wire( the wirewhich you get 12v down when ignition turned on) then refieed headunit. run all the wires down the n/s of the car and into my amp. Easy.