ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subscriptions... what you got!?

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I keep mine as low as I can.

Mobile phones for me & 2 kids
Sky TV and Internet
Strava

I think thats it other than regular bills.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thinking about ditching Spotify Premium and replacing it with YouTube Premium.

Currently paying £20 a month for a family sub and YouTube is the same price. I probably watch YouTube an hour a day easy, and when watching stuff directly through the tv the adverts are really intrusive.

I originally subbed to Spotify when I was travelling to and from work daily before covid, and upgraded to family when my kids started listening to music. But now I work from home I barely use it. I can't really listen to it in the car either as it's too loud and the roof is generally down.

Anyway, my question is, is YouTube music a decent substitute for Spotify?

Card Drama Nonce

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
YouTube Music is way better than Spotify. Never plays a bad song and there's loads of stuff on there, you can listen to albums or playlists or just let it do its own thing.
Audio quality on high is 256kbps aac, so the same quality as stuff you buy from the iTunes store. I think the high quality on Spotify is 320kbps MP3 which is basically identical.
I've done back to back tests with lossless music I've downloaded and stuff streamed from YouTube Music, and the main difference is there appears to be an equaliser applied to the YouTube stuff, but it's very pleasant and arguably sounds nicer than the original file, just a subtle v shaped sound profile. I personally couldn't hear any difference in clarity over my Fidelio X2 headphones 🤷🏻
Oh, and the volume is boosted as well which is useful if you aren't using an amp.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for YT Premium.

I watch a lot of the live recordings and it's great to be able to play them in the car.

I probably use YouTube more than any other streaming service now for both music and videos.

Edit,

One annoyance though is it's not integrated into other stuff as much, like Alexa won't play from it, and when using voice control in the car you need to specify to use YT music as it defaults to Spotify.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Prime (Free on Trial already cancelled renewal)
Pret Coffee Subscription £30 a month. Got 1 month as off in School hols. Was always gonna cancel after month. But Pret pulling plug on it anyway in Sept. Cold Drinks are Mad. How anyone paying £4 for bit of Icey fruit juice. Very Variable in quality too.
Evo Magazine. Papery thing through the door once a month.

So in a month just the Magazine.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Cheers for the feedback guys. I think I'll make the jump.

I used the VPN trick until this year when they started to crack down on signing upto a Turkish account.

You can buy an account online, I thought I'd give it a go - it's been flawless and have changed all of the passwords etc - it's a lot cheaper than paying monthly.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Never used YouTube Premium but do often hear it's one of the best ones to have. I play a lot of Boiler Room type stuff off it, and one big advantage would be being able to listen whilst the phone's locked.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I used the VPN trick until this year when they started to crack down on signing upto a Turkish account.

You can buy an account online, I thought I'd give it a go - it's been flawless and have changed all of the passwords etc - it's a lot cheaper than paying monthly.

That does not seem sketchy at all😂

• Haha
Reactions: riz

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

How did you check out? When putting in an address the UK isn’t even on the drop down.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I couldn't be without YouTube premium now. Worth every penny! YouTube music isn't better than Spotify, but unless you want something obscure, it's perfectly fine.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been paying £0.89 a month for my YouTube subscription for the last year but they’ve just cancelled my plan as they don’t believe I’m from Argentina 😢

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
For those that don't want to pay for premium

YouTube vanced or revanced for your phone if you have a superior android, if you have an iPhone well that's on you for being like that.
And just use Adblocker on your desktop for the pc site and you get absolutely zero ads

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
How did you check out? When putting in an address the UK isn’t even on the drop down.

I can't remember now ... I'm sure I paid via PayPal so address was automatically added.

That does not seem sketchy at all😂

I thought that but given they give you an email account and you can change all of the passwords / recovery emails etc, I took the risk. All ok though, have been using it for the last 3 months ... I'll just do the same next year when I need to renew as the VPN trick is now dead!

Reactions: MLB

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The missus has banged on Prime again for some deliveries, so I need to be quick and watch the latest series of Clarkson's Farm!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
For those that don't want to pay for premium

YouTube vanced or revanced for your phone if you have a superior android, if you have an iPhone well that's on you for being like that.
And just use Adblocker on your desktop for the pc site and you get absolutely zero ads

I thought that stopped working