ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subwoofer wiring to the battery

Den

Clio II/II 1.2 16V
Hi guys, would anyone know where can I put cables through saloon to the battery to connect my subwoofer.
Now it's connected to the cigerette lighter, but this is termporarily. I'm affraid cables can burn.

Also, I tried connecting the negative cable to the chasse for negative, but it didn't work, would anyone know why...? I tried connecting negative/ground cable to any bare metal i can find in bonnet (including chasse rear nut for suspension).

Any help would be apreciated. I have 2002 Clio 1.2 16V.
Thanks!

Clio
Hi, under the bonnet there is already a wire which runs into the car. use that to put your power cable through..what you have to do is pull the rubber (grommet i think its called) hard enough and it should pop out, you may need to cut it slightly to be able to put your cable through, the cable will lead out behide your passangers foot rests which they you can run down the side of your car to the boot.
The ground wire..try sanding the metal down so its touching the bare metal of the car that should do the job.