ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sued for a crash

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi guys,

Just need to ask a quick question not sure if this is in the right section but hewre it goes. 2 Years ago i was involved in a car crash in which was my fault as i went into the back of a car, it was all sorted through the car insurance but today i have got in the mail a letter from court saying i am being sued for personal injury. I am only 19 (17 at the time of the crash) and the amount is equalling around £5000. My main question is because im only 19 isn't there a minimum on age to sue someone for peronal injuries? Is there anything i can do? I have 14 days to do something about it according to the documents i have recieved from a county court today. I can either accept it in full and pay all money court fees and evyrthing else involved dispute it which means i will have to go to court or put in a counter claim, but again means court.

Thanks for any help/advice, big time pi**ed off with this sh*t

Luke

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely this would need to be sorted by your insurance company?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
id get straight on the phone to your insurance. they should of sorted it all out

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Well i thought so im just hoping like hell for some sort of loop hole just incase

Last edited:
  320d
+1 insurances problem, if they paid out for the persons car then they pay for personal injury.

No minimum age though mate.

contact whoever you where insured with at the time and tell them the situation.

PH1 iceburg
That why when you take out a policy they say you get £100,000 legal expenses. They will cover it, but as you are the person being claimed against they have to let you know. Everyone does it now for whiplash injuries

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I had legal cover taken out so they should sort it then hopefully, not what i needed as family has been made redundant and at 18 im now the main provider for the house

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I had legal cover taken out so they should sort it then hopefully, not what i needed as family has been made redundant and at 19 im now the main provider for the house

got my age wrong sorry lads

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
That sounds a bit dodge being sued 2 years after the accident and settlement, no?? Speak to a solicitor mate.

AK

M240i
That sounds a bit dodge being sued 2 years after the accident and settlement, no?? Speak to a solicitor mate.

agree that it sounds a bit dodgey lol

just get on the phone to a solicitor and insurance company..

surely they would have sued at the time of the intial pay-out .. or did they just forget?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It can take time for injuries to occur if the so called injuries are true.

I'd never settle privately after an accident if I was at fault as you never know if they're going to come back for more, if the injuries or "injuries" worsen with time.

Evo 8 MR
It can happen though tbh I got a call from some random company just the other day asking about the crash that wasn't my fault in nov 07, I already claimed though it just wasn't recorded but some people just don't think about it at the time and leave it but when a company contacts you basically egging you on to claim then thats how it comes about.

Also you see adverts all the time saying "if you have had an accident at home or at work in the last 3 years that wasn't your fault blah blah blah" so it can be legitimate.

As said though just get onto your insurance especially if you know you have legal cover at the time when the accident happened.