ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suede brush - Sabelt wheel owners!

172 Cup
Right guys i bought/fitted a Renault sport Sabelt wheel over christmas.

Firstly im wondering where can i get a suede brush from, to keep on top of cleaning it/bringing the material up furry like new? I just dont want it to go flat and shiny thats all and i have heard of people brushing them?

Any other aftermarket steering wheel owners got any tips for keeping them clean?

Cheers for any help!

182cup & 172 racecar
Shoe shop,can get suede cleaner from them as well.These are designed to be used with gloves really, not greasy hands.

172 Cup
Shoe shop,can get suede cleaner from them as well.These are designed to be used with gloves really, not greasy hands.

Ahh good thinking cheers mate.

Every time i drive the car i wash my hands and dry them so they are clean...abit gay i know but i dont want to wreck the wheel!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Drive with Man hands and they end up looking a little gloss lol

7-4.jpg

Think she's past saving with the suede brush!

Focus RS + S3
when searching on the net how to clean my alcantara seats in the clio (suede is pretty similar i think) most forums recommended one of those doktor power magic eraser things, i used it on my seats and works a treat, as its a mild abrasive it gets rid of some bobbles too

unsure on the suede though but its a thought, my friend had a racing puma suede wheel and he used autoglym interior shampoo on a microfibre and it came up pretty well

Ha I am in exactly the same situation.
Fitted a Sabelt wheel over Christmas, soo cautious in trying not to ruin it.
Clean my hands, don't like letting it slide through my hands when straightening out from corners either for the same reasons!
Don't touch the blue bit if I can help it.. the list goes on!!

172 Cup
Ha I am in exactly the same situation.
Fitted a Sabelt wheel over Christmas, soo cautious in trying not to ruin it.
Clean my hands, don't like letting it slide through my hands when straightening out from corners either for the same reasons!
Don't touch the blue bit if I can help it.. the list goes on!!

Hahah exactly the same as me dude!

Thanks for the help guys i will try and find a brush for it, and i also own the AG interior shampoo so can give that a go.

182cup & 172 racecar
Washing your hands is pointless.

The only way is gloves.They are a racing wheel after all.

Ours was in a bad way when we got it,2hrs later and a lot of scrubbing with suede shoe cleaner,it came up not too bad.

It always has a cover on it now for when it's just being moved around,stops sweaty mits getting all over it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Hands sweat like the rest of you all the time.

Think about it.

Wash your hands then put them up against a window or mirror,they will leave a mark,this is grease from your palm.

Ph1 T
if you drive your car all the time and scared of ruining it maybe should of got a diff wheel or wear gloves lol? i got one at xmas but probably do 20 miles at a weekend maybe in mine

172 Cup
I see where everybody is coming from and i know its never going to look mint forever.

I wash my hands so that i dont leave any dirty marks on it...not soo much to stop it going flat and shiny.

I may end up buying another one for show use i love it that much lol.

I drive mine with gloves all the time like Tony says - and when it's in the garage it has a cover on it
That being said it's only a weekend car and I still get abuse from my mates for wearing driving gloves LOL

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
is anyone as bad as me and just keeps it in the box and uses a preflattened MOMO wheels the whole time!? lol

if you drive the car as a daily you might as well accept its going to get ruined,
washing your hands is pointless because they sweat and such all the time.

172 Cup
Haha i might invest in some of those beauties phil ;)

On a serious note i may look to buy a second hand momo wheel or something for daily driving then put the Sabelt on for 'special occasions' lol