ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggest me an exhaust!

S1 16v 106 Rallye
I have the MK1 1991 1.4 Clio Fiji 8v (carb) and i'm after a (full system, if possible) exhaust. I'd rather it without a cat, and not a loud booming chavvy noise. I'm after a raspy, spluttering noise like the sound my mate is getting from his pug 106 with a full system scorpion exhaust.

Can anyone point me out a few? I can't seem to find any/many.

Maximum width at the end 3" MAXIMUM! And i'm a bigger fan of the lipped ends rather than the slash cut or lipped inwords.

Cheers!

Cli0 said:
I have the MK1 1991 1.4 Clio Fiji 8v (carb) and i'm after a (full system, if possible) exhaust. I'd rather it without a cat, and not a loud booming chavvy noise. I'm after a raspy, spluttering noise like the sound my mate is getting from his pug 106 with a full system scorpion exhaust.

Can anyone point me out a few? I can't seem to find any/many.

Maximum width at the end 3" MAXIMUM! And i'm a bigger fan of the lipped ends rather than the slash cut or lipped inwords.

Cheers!

loads on the mkt at the moment bro......................prospeed , blueflame , ktec , do a search m8 , probably best way to find info out .....good luck

Clio 1.4 Fidji
on my last clio i had the twin scorpion back box with decat but left the silencers in that sounded nice and wasnt too loud.
pic here..
scorpion.JPG

Ive the same model as you now, the back box on this one is a tiger (big), rest of the exhaust is just ss pipe, i was going to leave the silencers on again but just decided nahh no boxes this time :) its v loud but sounds real nice it pops when you change gear and when slowing down, can pop out flames too lol :) can be kept quiet tho when you need to as well ill have to get some vids done...

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Yeah you'll have to get some videos done. :p

Where did you buy the scorpion back box btw? And what de-cat did you use?

Clio 1.4 Fidji
got the scorpion back box from a m8 for 20 quid!, the fidji has no cat :) just has 2 silencers so no need for a decat :D ive only 1 vid ill try and get it off my phone and post it :) ill make some tomorrow

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Ah awesome.

I just searched the Scorpion Exhausts website and there was no clio 1 exhausts at all. :(

Clio 1.4 Fidji
i forgot to say it was just the back box then the exhaust place fitted it to the rest of the exhaust (oops)

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Ah gotcha. Do you know what the baxbox was from? And does the back box not just clamp to the middle pipe/cat/dummy cat with an exhaust clamp?

Clio 1.4 Fidji
was just a universal back box, yea it clamps to the middle section at the back passenger wheel (normally blows out at this joint) but it has to go over the back axel first all they do is take off the whole section and more or less cut the old box off and put the new box onto the back box pipe if you know what i mean, then put it back on unless your getting a custom made one
ill put the video i have up in 3gp format (mobile phone) you should be able to use quicktime or media player to see it cant find anything to convert it :( http://freewebs.com/dermy/exhaustsystem1.3gp

S1 16v 106 Rallye
I'll take a look when I get up tomorow mornming. off to bed now.

Btw, the back box is welded to the center pipe? Is it also welded to the manifold do you know?

Clio 1.4 Fidji
no its joined by a clamp to the center pipe just at the back passenger wheel, but to get the universal box on you have to take off the back section (from back wheel back) then cut off the std back box then weld the universal box to whats left of the back box pipe then just clamp it back onto the middle section.
The manifold pipe goes from the engine then clamps onto the middle section where the cat would be, it shouldnt be welded together just clamped, the middle section has 2 silencer boxes in it, on mine i replaced the middle section with pipe. Ill take a few pics of mine tomorrow if you dont know what i mean :) im off to bed too.

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Haha mannn. that sounds sweet! Did you say that was your old RT or your fiji? And how come you got rid of the RT for a fiji?

But damnnnn. That really does sound sweet as f**k :p

Clio 1.4 Fidji
thats my fidji in the video, i had the RT last year then the diff went in it i needed a biger car at the time for working so had to sell it and got a mondeo
mondeo_1.jpg

v nice car like but worst thing i ever done was selling the clio it had the ren 19 leather in it willy dails and wheel etc. i got the fidji in june because i dont need to cary a ton of crap in the car anymore lol need to get it lowered tho it leans way to much lol apart from that i luv it :)

Clio 1.4 Fidji
yea i have msn add me if u want :) its dermy_2@hotmail.com, it rained non stop here today so i never had a chance to take any pics or do any videos :( ill try tomorrow if its a good day :D
The colour of the mondeo is class, its a nice deep green then when the sun or light hits it it goes blue/purple, it now has gold speedlines on it tho looks the nuts goes for mot next week then its for sale!

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Does anyone know if I was to order a scorpion backbox for a clio 91-97 16v it'd be fine on my 91 8v?

Clio 1.4 Fidji
you dont need a decat m8 the 1.4 carb hasnt got one! its just got 2 silencers unless someone has put a cat on yours at some point?

S1 16v 106 Rallye
Ohh. But would a straight through pipe not be better than the middle dection with the two silencers removed? (added you to msn btw)

Clio 1.4 Fidji
sorry for the late reply havent been on in a while, thats all a stright thru pipe is, an exhaust with no silencers :) i made some vids and took some pics today ill send you them on msn tomorrow