ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions For a sound system

Right, i know f**k all about ICE, and will hopefully need a system soon (if i pass test).

can allow £200 for a system for a 1.4RT, including headunit, and speakers etc.

not nothered about a sub really.

dunno what i need, so if you suggest a £200 HU, and no new speakers, so be it.

what you got to suggest? makes and models included please

many thanks

Buy a copy of max power for starters, new issue out 2morrow, in the back they have sh*t loads of caompanies selling discounted brand new ICE.

I would say about £100 on HU, and then a set of decent 6x9s for about £70, then that leaves you a bit if your front speakers are not up to scratch. I have a pair of 3 way Pioneer 300W(max) 6x9s(not sure of model no. but hey sell em in Halfords) in my parcel shelf and they go f**king loud. HU wise you can get the Panasonic CQ-RDP383N which plays mp3s whihc is a really really useful feature whihc you can pick up from Mobile World (http://www.onestopcaraudio.co.ukwww.onestopcaraudio.co.uk / 020 8570 9999), this has a 4x50W output which is good for a HU.

A slow one :-(

Id jsut buy a 200 quid HU and build on that at a later date. It will sound loads better than a cheap 100 quid unit! Youll still be able to crank the tunes loud without it distorting! Often its the factory HU that distorts rather than the OE speakers! Im running a JVC HU which is running the std factory speakers and then have a Alpine amp driving a 12" sub! It sounds descent like!

Yeah as above !! Dont buy a £100 HU as this will be POO and not very good for future expansion of your system !! Go for a £200 HU and then when u get some ££ buy some replacement speakers for the front !! Then some bigger components for the back !! (DONT BUY 6x9s THEY ARE CRAP) Sound reproduction from a good set of componenets and a sub will be far superior !!

^^ as above - but i would say get the HU - about £200 then next a set of decent comps for front - or the uni pivot infinisty coxails for fronts, dont upgrade rears at all - not really needed IMO - then when more moreny comes your way get a 4 channel amp and a 10" or 12" sub