ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suggestions?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
right, cambelt snapped so the head's off to get new vavles ground in, guides checked, etc.

Anything i should do (ie clean, etc) while its off? Car's sitting at 65k(ish), and hasnt been feeling great for a wee while now (ok its only a 1.2, but its definetly not as nippy as it was a while back).

Just things to pass the time (two days) while my head's away to be honest.

Change the water pump, always a wise thing while the cam belt is off.

other thing you could do is de-glaze the bores, btu you need the proper tool (only about a tenner though), and its sorta hard to do it while the pistons are in.

A really worth wile thing woudl be to rip the crank haft and pistons out of the bottem end and re-shell it and put new piston rings on

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
cheers, trying to avoid touching the bottom end. Too many bolts lying around as it is, and was planning a 172 conversion in 4-5months time anyway.

Not at all worth cleaning the inlet manifold? (no idea how bad these get, but my TB was far from clean)