ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer is a Myth (Yorkshire Chat)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
July 21st is cars in the park at Lotherton Hall. A change from it usual September date to be the new summer meet with the September meet being at Newby again. This could have a good turn out of exotica of the weather is good.

Or thers a cliosport invasion of Caffeine and Machine on the same day! This is more likely to be a one off, and yes it f**king miles away and going to be full of French tat. But its a cliosport meet and when do those ever happen?

So anyone fancy either?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Can anybody recommend any good meet locations in Yorkshire? Is TOPO still running, that was where older meets used to happen wasn't it?

Retro Rides South Yorkshire at Meadowhall Retail Park used to be decent mix of cars but people acting up got it closed down

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yeah - well seeing as though we only have 2 months of nice weather and daylight left this year I was going to see if anyone fancied a (socially distanced) meet in August, possibly one Sunday morning.

So far I have the Huntsman, Xscape (with the chavs), and 26 different McDonalds restaurants as possible locations. Going well so far.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah - well seeing as though we only have 2 months of nice weather and daylight left this year I was going to see if anyone fancied a (socially distanced) meet in August, possibly one Sunday morning.

So far I have the Huntsman, Xscape (with the chavs), and 26 different McDonalds restaurants as possible locations. Going well so far.

There's a McDonalds at Xscape - 2 birds, one stone …. just saying.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
5th September is perfect for me

Gives me time to put my new brembos on, front and rear discs, pads, new rear calipers, braided lines, new fluid, track rods and ends, waterpump and aux belt kit, antifreeze and maybe even my new turbo, decat, DPF sacked off and mapped...

Only a tiny list...

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Fair - but I'm on about genuine meet locations, not where you go with your VRS deadly brand crew for a 2 course meal consisting of over-fueling and happy meals.
Genuinely, I have seen sense since attending chav meets every weekend and doing stupid stuff as it’s pointless.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about a Clio 1*2, Corolla T Sport or Cooper S, instead of a TDI (will be doing more miles for work), since I put my Octavia for sale.

If by then I have something a bit more fun to drive I’d be up for coming along on the 5th.