ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump baffle

172 sport
Ive purchased a clio 172 to use as a track only car,is there any problems with oil stavation with these engines,is the sump baffled on these cars as standard?,do I need to look at fitting one?,or is there no issues with oil control on these engines,has anyone had any problems,I will at first be using toyo R888 tyres,thanks Paul

ITB'd MK1
It's something I've been looking at. They're not baffled as standard and I'll probably make some simple trapdoors to go in ours as it's almost solely used on track. An Accusump system is the other option, though it's a little more complex than some flaps

Lionel Richie
i've found no need at all

although i do have a dry sump kit sitting in the garage from a formula renault :)

172 sport
Thanks for that info Fred,I will not waste my time on it then if they are not prone to any problems,Ive got plenty of other jobs on it to keep me busy,a cage to fit in it this week.