ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun strips

turbo 182
Can anyone recommend a good quality sun strip for my track car please, and where you got it from thanks

172 Cup
Ive tried 2 different ones off ebay and both were crap and ended up in the bin. So avoid cheapish ebay stuff.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
As above avoid the cheap ebay stuff it's so s**t! I got some decent vinyl from a local audio/tint/vinyl place. Was like £9 but it went on straight and easy which made it worth it!

Cheap ebay shite bubbles and not straight:
01c509f2da5580dfa3fd17600ed2b792.jpg

Decent stuff, no bubbles easy to apply:
f8a06306581b061db1793bd1ae37d8f0.jpg

Sorry I don't know the brand of the decent stuff!

turbo 182
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to ask a
Local sign/printing company see if they can do anything for me

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Wait till your at Croft my mate Paul does all the signage for his race cars bet he could do you one?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Got mine off eBay for £3 its perfect, bubbling can be down to not preparing the surfice properly or just being a tard. Whats the point in spending any more than a couple of quid on a stip of vinyl.

Listerine & Poledo
Got mine off eBay for £3 its perfect, bubbling can be down to not preparing the surfice properly or just being a tard. Whats the point in spending any more than a couple of quid on a stip of vinyl.
"high performance vinyl"
adds 8lb/ft to the windscreen

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Don't understand the problems people have had with the ebay ones. Fitted three now and had no problems at all with them.
Just fit it using lots of window cleaner to make it easy to push the bubbles out. The CS ice scraper is rather good for this.

Don't understand the problems people have had with the ebay ones. Fitted three now and had no problems at all with them.
Just fit it using lots of window cleaner to make it easy to push the bubbles out. The CS ice scraper is rather good for this.

Probably fitting it to the outside of the car with dead flies and washer fluid all over it. I don't get it either, should be easy, I dread to watch some people apply the glass screen protection to their phones xD