ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower Project

Audi A4 TDi Sport
I've owned my sunflower 172 for a year and a half now so i thought i might aswell start a progress thread.

When i bought the car it had already been slightly modified. the mods include:
17" BK Racing wheels sprayed black with a yellow lip
Koni adjustables with apex springs
Custom full stainless exhaust with 4" tip
K&N filter
Polished engine
Sprayed engine cover and air box

This is what it looked like

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

180b_12.jpg

f4f3_12.jpg

Had the usual problems with it:
Cambelt needed doing
Dephaser pully needed changing
Airbag light coming on
And more that i can't remember lol

i didn't really do anything to it before FCS09, just added PH-QUICK stickers. Got to the travel lodge for FSC and got another sticker from "Team Ariane" and also got my car cleaned for the price of a beer.

090618_160841.jpg

090613_173319.jpg

Then the next dat at FCS

3625935582_902a0911b1_b.jpg

At the end of August i spotted some 16" OZ F1s going cheap on ebay, won them and collected the the next day. When i got them home and fitted them, i realised 1 was slightly buckled so a refurb will be coming soon.

DSC00047.jpg

Just before christmas i decided i'd had enough of the massive, crap exhaust so i decided to buy a K-tec recessed supersport. When it arrived i took it to get it fitted but the exhaust place told me that the 1st lambda sensor was in the was of the gear linkage so it wouldn't fit. Just my luck i though. Anyway, i waited till after the new year for my usual exaust place to open and they fitted it no problems

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

All i need to do now is cut the surround in and adjust the exhaust.

Plans for it are:
Wheels refurbed
Matched inlets
Possibly cams
Remap

C+C welcome :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks great now! and after those mods, it'll be perfect!

BTW what is Team Ariane?

Combo
Those first wheels were horrible, much better now!

You sticking with anthracite or going for something different?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Certainly one of a kind colour man :D Im glad you swapped for wheels ;) Keep us posted!

TrackCar & F30 330d
F1's look much better.

The engine bay looks quite snazzy too.

IMO the colour looks great when its clean & sunny but a bit poo when its dirty, but then i suppose all cars do

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
F1's look much better.

The engine bay looks quite snazzy too.

IMO the colour looks great when its clean & sunny but a bit poo when its dirty, but then i suppose all cars do
Middo's old one looked amazing all the time :(

Looks a lot better with those wheels dude. Not keen on the exhaust like :( Apart from that its really smart!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like this :) I actually quite liked the old wheels but the O.Z's look ace!

172 ph1
there was one of these for sale at the same time i was looking for one wish id bought it now just fancied a change of colour after me yellow seat ibiza lol! looking good though mate like it alot wish i hadme wheels in same colour

Audi A4 TDi Sport
Team Ariane is something what naith aka welsh arab did lol. As for the wheels i'm going to keep the the same colour but maybe a tad darker.

cheers for all the positive comments so far :cool:

Very nice! Like it a lot. Fell in love with these after Middo's yellow sub. Presume you're local to me and Naith then? Swear I can't remember meeting you at FCS even though my car was just to the left of the pic!

Audi A4 TDi Sport
nice1 naith. can't wait :D

JD: I'm from Whitby, i was with denty most of the time, sure i spoke to you a few times lol.

Golf R/Leon FR
very nice fella

craig172 has/had the best sunflower ive seen.

yours is similar and looking better than it was

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Never seen a clio this colour before!? Looks smart though mate! Looks alot better with new alloys aswell imo

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just realised i've never seen a sunflower on the road mate.

Looks grand.

Cup spoiler and face lift lights would have that perfect. Maybe even push a ph2 bumper.

Middo's was special.

Audi A4 TDi Sport
magh: yea deffo mate.

Shes looking spot on by the way Hutchy :) Did you get your earthing and whatnot sorted out?

Havent really been arsed to look tbh mate. Found the water leak tho but now its misfiring. Gonna try robs coil pack on sunday, fingers crossed it works.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Love that colour! Definately looking better on the F1s, its a shame they didnt make more in that colour.