ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunglasses Ron’s LY Clio 220 Trophy

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’m finally the owner of 220 Trophy.

I very nearly bought one last year but went with the M140i instead.

This thing is an absolutely amazing. The body work is immaculate. It’s got PPF film on the front so there’s not a single chip anywhere.

Just drove it back from Southampton and it’s runs beautifully.

I originally wanted a Black one with black pack but this one popped up and after much persuasion by the CS mods to get a LY I decided to to go for it.

It’s had two previous keepers who were both Clio enthusiasts and the car is a credit to both of them.

Akrapovic exhaust
RS monitor
Heated leather

I would have liked Bose but I’m not particularly bothered as the Bass reflex speakers are pretty decent.

26185ADB-A911-4B68-A5BD-E5FED547F7E0.jpeg

3D891A01-9353-46A7-BFDD-9FF0E0EBFD60.jpeg

2947E826-0511-48E6-B258-C357096DB883.jpeg

176BE537-4AD0-4DEE-8B54-A0C77D53C5F2.jpeg

6D9AC0F6-D4AB-4563-B8D6-1CE677FEBDB3.jpeg

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Great cars.

If you haven’t already, check the PPF with your insurers though - not sure if it was on here but read a couple of threads elsewhere saying that one firm cancelled insurance as PPF was deemed a non-declared mod!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks very nice!

You'll get used to the difference in power but I think you'll miss the 6pot 😶

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Very nice that!
The bass reflex speakers don't bother me whatsoever, in fact sometimes I dare say they sound pretty good.
Full Maxton kit too without the rear spats (which look terrible imo).

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Coriander Drive, it was obviously meant to be.

I drove my Clio today for the first time in ages, I was feeling good about that until I saw yours, now i feel like sh*t again, thanks a lot.

It's lovely mate, not jealous at all!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Very nice that!
The bass reflex speakers don't bother me whatsoever, in fact sometimes I dare say they sound pretty good.
Full Maxton kit too without the rear spats (which look terrible imo).

Yeah I wasn’t sure about the Maxton kit in the pics but it in reality it looks pretty neat.

These mk4’s really don’t photograph very well. They look so much better in the metal than any pic can convey.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Coriander Drive, it was obviously meant to be.

I drove my Clio today for the first time in ages, I was feeling good about that until I saw yours, now i feel like sh*t again, thanks a lot.

It's lovely mate, not jealous at all!

Mate I’ll buy you some consolation beers at CSF23 👍❤️🍺🍺🍺🍺

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great Ronaldo.

How’s the gearbox compared to the bimmer? Never driven one!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’m finally the owner of 220 Trophy.

I very nearly bought one last year but went with the M140i instead.

This thing is an absolutely amazing. The body work is immaculate. It’s got PPF film on the front so there’s not a single chip anywhere.

Just drove it back from Southampton and it’s runs beautifully.

I originally wanted a Black one with black pack but this one popped up and after much persuasion by the CS mods to get a LY I decided to to go for it.

It’s had two previous keepers who were both Clio enthusiasts and the car is a credit to both of them.

Akrapovic exhaust
RS monitor
Heated leather

I would have liked Bose but I’m not particularly bothered as the Bass reflex speakers are pretty decent.

View attachment 1633723

View attachment 1633724

View attachment 1633725

View attachment 1633726

View attachment 1633727
Looks great, what are your plans?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I knew it would be something nice when you were being so schtum in the 140i thread :ROFLMAO:

Looks lovely, good work. How are you finding the gearbox so far? These are paddle shift aren't they?

Gearbox is perfectly fine. Obviously not as smooth as the Beemer but it’s still decent enough. It does have paddle shift yes 👍

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Gearbox is perfectly fine. Obviously not as smooth as the Beemer but it’s still decent enough. It does have paddle shift yes 👍
Do the shifts speed up when you have it on a sporty setting?

I've always though these would be a great car but have never been in one so worry i wouldn't like the gearshift. Will you take it on track this year?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Do the shifts speed up when you have it on a sporty setting?

I've always thought these would be a great car but have never been in one so worry i wouldn't like the gearshift. Will you take it on track this year?

I’ve not really aid the chance to have a proper play with it yet mate. The gearshifts from what I can tell so far are really quick even in the standard mode.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Great cars.

If you haven’t already, check the PPF with your insurers though - not sure if it was on here but read a couple of threads elsewhere saying that one firm cancelled insurance as PPF was deemed a non-declared mod!
Give over.

Lovely colour choice Ronald. The few I’ve seen in person do have a great road presence.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Best Colour for these and looks a very nice example. The sound of the Akrapovic exhaust is nice. My 220 Trophy is the only car I have regretted selling.