ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunglasses Ron’s LY Clio 220 Trophy

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Lovely car Ron. LY is the best colour.

My mum had one for a few years, it was her 3rd RS Clio.

D9D56763-C1D9-4E0E-9E6F-1490ED2E12AD.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice Ron!

It's a rewarding colour to detail as is black as you know! The black a bit more subtle!

What did the Trophy get over the standard 4rs?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I know it’s early days and you might think I’m mad but I think I love this car more than the M140i.

It feels like a really special car to drive. Much more of an ‘event’ than the Beemer ever felt.

Can’t wait to give it a full detail.

Can't wait for the pics best RS colour ever imo.

Getting any extra security on this one?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I know it’s early days and you might think I’m mad but I think I love this car more than the M140i.

It feels like a really special car to drive. Much more of an ‘event’ than the Beemer ever felt.

They’re incredibly deceptive, incredibly capable but also incredibly normal at the same time.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

I think that's what renaultsport did best. The cars are more than the sum of their parts, it must be the va va voom they add! 😂

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

It's not mad at all.
As good as M140s are, they are not a full blown M car.

I think if you'd have swapped from an M2/3/4 then you'd have felt different. Maybe

The RS cars are special aren't they.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
They’re incredibly deceptive, incredibly capable but also incredibly normal at the same time.
Aren’t they incredibly thirsty as well? Also what’s the stop start like as my mum found it useless.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Aren’t they incredibly thirsty as well? Also what’s the stop start like as my mum found it useless.
If 33mpg average and 40’s on a motorway run is incredibly thirsty then sure…

I can’t comment on stop start as I don’t have that, thank god.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The stop start works like it does in any other I've experienced. Only works in auto though. Pretty sure when in manual and sport it's turned off

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If 33mpg average and 40’s on a motorway run is incredibly thirsty then sure…

I can’t comment on stop start as I don’t have that, thank god.
No that’s pretty damn good to be fair. I have no experience personally. She didn’t do long trips which probably didn’t help things.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
No that’s pretty damn good to be fair. I have no experience personally. She didn’t do long trips which probably didn’t help things.
Bearing in mind I use mine for teaching the unteachables to drive, I do a lot of pootling at slow speeds, stopping and starting etc and also a lot of idling doing repetitive manoeuvres for hours on end and I’ve done 300 miles minimum to a tank regardless for the last 132k.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I didn’t know you’d bought a P reg Primera?
No no no the owners of Primera’s aren’t that advanced.

They still use these:-

F6408795-2A9B-42D9-B9BD-F9933E8C30CA.jpeg

Bearing in mind I use mine for teaching the unteachables to drive, I do a lot of pootling at slow speeds, stopping and starting etc and also a lot of idling doing repetitive manoeuvres for hours on end and I’ve done 300 miles minimum to a tank regardless for the last 132k.
Yeah that’s not bad at all all. 132k is unbelievable as a tuition vehicle considering the nature of the car 😎

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

You're in recovery from the M140i ///M car illusion/delusion.

As a daily, as something usable, comfortable, practical, and with incredible pace, I would have another M140i in a heartbeat, they're so good.

But as something you occasionally want to set your pants on fire, nah, they just don't cut it. Remarkable really...somehow they've made the whole less than the sum of its parts.

I expect what you've now got is the complete opposite of that, and in hero spec/colour, you're halfway there already. Excellent choice sir.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Thanks mate.

It’s obviously not as smooth as the 140 but it’s still very acceptable. It’s an absolute hoot in RS mode. And the Akra sounds lush.
Try the launch control! It's hilarious! Go into race mode, foot on brake, pull back both paddles, when it tells you floor the throttle and then release the brake to launch :D

Do the shifts speed up when you have it on a sporty setting?
Yes they do very much so, with a DSG fart on the upshift and a throttle blip on the downshift. it also really pulls up throttle response a lot over comfort/auto and raises the idle speed too.

Crazy isnt it, just floats around like a regular Clio in auto, very quiet and comfy, lets get the shopping, pick the kids up etc. Then you hit the RS button, stick it in manual and shazam, transforms into a properly good hot hatch.

Liquid yellow for the win!

294228264_3262041527343682_5872665727500733709_n.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Sorry, I meant ITG and map

Think 300ftlb is about the limit for the clutches iirc? Someone else might know more specifically
Actually come to think of it I’m sure I saw someone put a post up asking if there was upgraded clutches for these can’t remember what the conclusion was though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There were a couple of things that were getting on my tits a bit so today I removed the black plastic cover over the front diamond. It was looking a bit tired and I think it looks so much better in chrome.

4CA87D14-DD00-4AF3-B528-141453A32D97.jpeg

One of the previous owners had added a black sun strip and although I didn’t particularly mind the look, the fact it covered up the lights and rain sensor was beginning to annoy me. Not having intermittent wipers wasn’t great.

6BDC9A6E-EE77-40A6-824B-DD1F50F5234E.jpeg

Cleaned and topped with SiRAMIC Lustrous graphene spray which if you’ve seen my post in the detailing thread is epic.

7A69FD51-E6AA-4016-8AFC-A1C105EDF71A.jpeg

1CD7D4D4-2E43-41C6-B4CA-D0719DCEE677.jpeg

977D22C7-C9D9-47BA-99CB-C9323EFF0BB0.jpeg

8C670055-0A51-4A5E-879E-B4FA4A714111.jpeg

Bosh!

Last edited: