ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof Motor

Mk I Ph I 1.8 16v

I need to get hold of a sunroof motor, was closing it the other day and the gears are grinding and not doing owt else. It seems that his is a dealer only part, is that correct? Has anyone got anything for sale?

----====Monkey45====----

The Jinx

Mines doing it. But noticed that the cogs are as follows. 1 plastic cog on a metal rod with a metal cog at the other end.

The metal cog turns the mechanism, and the plastic one is driven by the motor. Noticed after titting about do find a leak the other week that mine started working fine again after pushing this rod. You can see the end of it if you remove the roof console. Literally all I did was push that end in 1-2mm and it started working again!

Seems to have slipped back again though.

The motor is seriously expensive from renault, but Paul at Infinicar quoted me only £60 for the full sunroff (mechanism, motor, glass and frame)

Try asking Paul. But just out of interest try pushing the end of that rod I mentioned.

Its in the centre of a circular shaped bit of metal on the motor, pointing vertically upwards.

[Edited by mike8579 on 20 May 2004 at 8:53pm]

Cheers Mike

Will give that a go, shouldnt be too difficult as i got most of the roof assembly apart when I was stuck in traffic yesterday!:)