ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supagard, worth it or not

My new 182 is due in monday well excited but still cant decide whether i want this supagard stuff applied. The thing which bothers me is the £250 price tag did try strike a deal with the dealer but he wasnt interested.

From what ive read about the stuff sounds like a well good thing to have on your motor..... Whats the reality?

Also my 182 is black/gold so i know its gonna give me headache evrytime i clean it really concerned about the constant swirl marks???.....

Will my motor end up sh*t and dull looking if i dont get this stuff done?

Please help me with this decision... cheers

Rob.

So is there a complete noticable difference between a car with it on and a car which hasent had it done?

Pepole who have this product on there car is it really as good as they say it is?

How long is it meant to last?

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

i was told by honda dealer its only worth it if you rarely clean your car. give it a good polish every two weeks will do the same job

Wont protect you against bird poo though. Bloke at the body shop got a bird lime mark out for me on my roof FOC but then again i had just lined his pockets to the tune of 250 quid for spraying my car.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i had it done...looks great and u get a pack containing more so that you can top it up when necessary....neadless to say i havent read it all yet so dont know when to top up, been to busy just driving.........my hubby had it done on his golf, lasted ages and still looks good......that was two years ago.

i think its worth it.....paid £299 for mine

dont bother. I have had a diamondbrte pack before - same thing, 2 stage application etc - it wont make your car anymore shiney. Plus part of the new car experience is regular polishing. get some good carnuaba wax - its fekking great. £250 - the cheeky fu*ksticks!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i had it all done and mine wasnt just wax, they coated the seats in stuff which stopped liquids settling in and u could wipe them off. Its good when u drop a drink on it. as for the exterior stuff i didnt think it was worth it and doubt id pay all that when i get a new car.

got mine done inside and out for free by dealer on my cup. Washed it for first time last week and it looks better than when i picked it up. So I am very impressed.

Also had bird poo on my roof after a day. It rained 2 days later (I know i should have removed it myself but im lazy) and it came off.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

me too.......the stuff on the interiors is really good......spilt coke on my hubbys seats in the golf (not popular!) ...but it came out dead easy !!

Ford Fiesta

i had diamond brite on my last car, good but im not getting it again. sting in the tail keep buying the refill packs of shampoo conserver. Its not as good as a polish after a year or so. Interior good, but again the liquid repellant doesnt last forever.

my nxt door neighbour runs his own pro valleting company, its cool cos i get full inside and out for £20! should be £47. He also does paint guarding for £40 because he doesnt like the way people are ripped off when it comes to this sort of thing.. nice chap

:D

Ziel Nurburgring

Had it done on my 172 and couldnt tell the difference. So i would recommend some Autoglym Super resin polish followed up with a coating of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. The guys at work reconned the car looked like something from a motorshow is was so shiney, and its never failed on any car too make it look fantastic

172, Tiguan

My friend whos a Renault/Nissan Salesman informs me its not worth it.

It costs them £40 and the customer £250.

Nice quick profit.

rob goto http://www.vertar.comwww.vertar.com and invest instead in the Concours Zymol wax.

you will save money and the finish in out of this world ! does a better job andyou get about 6 years supply . even if you buy other item from there its still a better option and no swirl marks guaranteed as its a wax with 47% brazilian canuba content. nothing touches it. very exclusive!

check it out ! if you want pics of me cars as proof send me a message with your email.

i had the save dilema as you and the profit is massive for dealer and not that great a product in my opinion for what its worth.

hop this helps.

J.

Its a con, dont get it, I have worked for a Volkswagen as a Valeter for a few years now, I do it as part of my job daily, and as said before £40 + vat is what we pay for it.

The only thing i would recommend out of the pack is the velour spray, it does work :)

Polishing the car with Autoglym products will be more than sufficent, trust me! I use em daily :)

We dont use it mate, but our audi franchise does, I will ask em for a sample and get bacl to you if you wish, I have always stuck with Autoglym as the results as far as Im concerned cant be beaten, just expensive stuff compared to other products, but justifiable :0)

had mine done for free at my m8s work... didnt notice any difference, he has done it on his Valver too... again, no difference that hes noticed and he does that for a living.

My brothers car is 3 years old and had Supaguard done when new.

The paint looks stunning (showroom mirror shine) even though hes polished it only twice in that time.

Normally I would say its not worth it - dont be a lazy git, but im very impressed.