ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER CHIP FOR MY 172

Hi,

Does anyone have Superchip fitted to a 01 172 ? I have a CAT replacement pipe and induction kit fitted and was going to get a chip next. Would be interested to hear anyones experiences ?

Thanks.

Phil.

Better low down torque but i wouldnt say the top end was much better. I wouldnt bother, its not worth the money. If it was cheaper then yeah it would be good but atm its too expensive. Are you planning more mods power wise in the future?.

Chun.

Williams 2, STi N12

The chip alone wont do much other than change the fuelling a tad and change the timings slightly. You are better saving your money and getting one when you get a new set of cams, so the whole lot can be set with a RR session!

Just had a SUPERCHIP fitted to my 172,they also put it on the rolling road,and to be honest its the best money ive spent,more power, smoother and more responsive,but i have also got fitted a powerflow exhaust and induction kit, which also makes a difference.

W

wyatt gates

i have had a superchip fitted i feel it has given more torque and with any car this is what matters.if you use optimax as well it really does shift.i had the best compliment ever from a m3 driver because i have prima back bumper kit fitted he thought my car was a supersport version. i have got racelogic traction control fitted another cheap mod is good tyres i use toyos and it has changed the car to handle much better

Thanks Folks.

Well, with the Cat out to play and an Induction kit fitted i just thought chip would be next. However i can continue saving and get something else....??? would a set of CAms, Pulley and belt give much BHP ++++ ??

Phil.

ok peeps!
i for one was very sceptical about SCs.
Personally, i thought they were agyp and worth nowt.
However, now im in HK and creating a ltd edition clio RS-Rm which has all the basic mods, but the best of everything!
-Viper kit (alone it shows mid range gains of 6bhp, and 4bhp @ top)
-cliocup exhaust in S/S with simple trim on the tailpipe. (not tested on the dyno yet)
The need to alter the parameters on fueling required a chip.
So we needed a reliable and constant source of serial re-programming. SC came up trumps in HK cause items such as the datsek cannot be settup quicky, cheaply, reliably and with warrenty.
So in conjunction with SC UK we take reading and their constantly altering ignition timimg, rpm limit and crucially fuelling, even that @ WOT (dont ask me how!!!).

But with the chip on & viper, the car really does fly! sounds stupid!? i feel stupid saying it! but i love what they have done. And where does my cynacism come from? racing, been doin it for ages and i know power gains arent that simple...ok we gained a few bhp...but the drivability of the car is 10% better! i can use 2nd for longerm there is more torque (duh), it sounds awsome!
and one extra bonus is that the shift light now works everytime!!!! whereas it didnt before!

i love what were doin!
and if your getting what were developing, then i would highly recommend it! but what the typical operator offeres in the UK....done bother..i can ask if i can make the serial available to you...if you want.

Mine is producing 190BHP, with the superchip, and it goes like sh*t off a shovel! just ask the "penis" in the golf gti on the M62(yesterday)on my way back from having it fitted.

NIKKERISH

man... are u like sure you got 190hp out of the engine man... because alot of the guys think renault have already done as much as they can to get 170hp out of the engine..... its just unbelievable that u can get 140kw out of the clio...tell me im wrong please

were not even near teh 100hbp/ltr mark!

My 20yr old kent x-flow motor can make 180bhp when you do enough, and thats a 1.6!

so, never say never!

Ive got the printout 190BHP,and its going on the rollers at R.E in bury on the 14th of september, so lets see what its at then!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i reckon as long as there set up properly by a good rolling road then a superchip should be fine

Renault Laguna Coupe

I thought Superchips were just a piece of out of the box code for the ECU. I didnt think they were capable of a custom RR setup like Unichips etc.

you can get them custom made.
Here in HK, we can adapt them to run with cams, induction kits....full mods to teh point where the OE injection system and airflow becomes the limiting factor.

I am wrking, as said beofre, with SC and we are makin a custom file to replace the std one in the clio. But it takes alot of trial and error, and it has to be worth their while..i.e im doing 60 units.