ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can confirm you CAN take them out in 2-3 hours if you go like a madman, Icarus will confirm it also

matt isn't a pro, he's a connoisseur ;)

Yep if you have several batteries charged for the impact guns and can be arsed to work flat out you can have a 1*2 lump out of a Clio and on the floor in two hours.

If its prepped as a race car (as per the BPM X85) you can have an engine and box out in less than 30 mins. Thats with a two chap team on a race car i.e it has bulkhead loom disconnects (so less than 20 seconds to seperate loom from car), no heater matrix and mint spotlessly clean fasteners.

Personaly I've done enough engine outs in mega short times. If it takes 4 hours to have it sat on the floor with lunch, cig breaks and multiple coffees then thats fast enough for me......... unless its' on a Friday post practice and its out for quali the next morning ;)

Lump is going back in tomorrow, here it is built up with box on etc.:

cliolumpandbox.jpg

Should be in by early afternoon giving me sufficent time to fab my new exhaust up.

Cheers
M

Why fab a new exhaust? Will this not alter the figures from a standard car with just your inlet?

If you think a none standard exhaust is going to make any significant difference you're dreaming I'm afraid.

I don't even have a standard exhaust kicking about they rot that quickly ;). Whats on there is a K-Tec Stealth with a rattly mid section, what's going on is a Jetex centre box to replace the rattly one. Total difference between K-Tec stealth with a decat and standad on a 172 I did back to back on is 1.8bhp on Wilcox's rollers. Feel free to subtract that from the final results LOL

Fred - Yep fresh bearings and ARP's :)

Naith - It's on its way as Jenvey finaly got the injector bosses sent out.

Progress from today:

Engine in and on the mounts:

justin.jpg

Mostly back together:

enginein.jpg

Nose back on:

engineinandnoseon.jpg

Whilst it was apart took the opportunity to weld some mounts in for a proper towing eye as well:

two.jpg

Need to replace TRE's and ball joints and then she's about done. Fred (the absolute superstar!!!) is sorting my wheels so it should look minty fresh by the weekend!

Cheers
M

Megane 2 GT 165
That's looking and going very nice Icarus!

Looking at the pictures, can I conclude the inlet your working on needs a oil-catch tank / or breather set up. So no more greased up throttle body?

It doesn't need one and fully supports the standard breather setup but you can run one if you wish. I do as I dont need to meet euro emissions compliance and it avoids filling the inle manifold and throttle body full of oil mist ;-)

Cheers
M

ClioSport 172 Cup
I know i`m a bit late in this thread. But a question to the guy who started it, Did you notice any power loss with that open cone filter straight off the TB? Or was it about the same as running with the standard airbox etc, i should imagine it sounded alot nicer!

Samuel

I know i`m a bit late in this thread. But a question to the guy who started it, Did you notice any power loss with that open cone filter straight off the TB? Or was it about the same as running with the standard airbox etc, i should imagine it sounded alot nicer!

Samuel

Search! It's a filter out the bin I used because I couldn't be arsed to buy one for the old engine. It made 0.5bhp difference and inlet temps were within a few degrees of ambient..... in the middle of winter.

Cheers
M

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
M

looking well sweet

when you indroducing the new inlet??

looks a good job

Done! Was a PITA though as out of 16 shiney new lifters 4 refused to prime properly. If you've purchased any recently from Renault best to call up and check the batch no with them as apparently one is 'dodgy'. Had to pull the covers/cams and replace all 16 with a set from a different batch..... which was most annoying! However they're fine and the lump is sounding sweet as with great oil pressure.

Currently has a standard inlet manifold on it to get a base line from. Testing will commence shortly and the next post on the subject should include all the details you've been waiting from regarding Super 2000 type manifolds, power and costs :)

Few more pics:

enginedone.jpg

Engine in and done.

sandwich.jpg

Take off plate for oil pressure/temp.

spa.jpg

SPA Dual Gauge.

Cheers
M

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Curse my engine for going pop! Will this new *****mould work without a head? ;)

Couple of grand +. Worth noting I've used a brand spanking new cylinder head to remove any doubts regarding valve sealing, head work/port shape etc. during testing. These are over a grand alone.

Cheers
M

i'm curious to see what gains this gets you alone over the previous lump, as you know mine has issues with low comp too matt! Good work dude

Cambridge/Northants................... and at most race circuits around the UK that are on the BTCC/Britcar calendar.

Cheers
M

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Amusingly whilst I have a couple of places around the UK I spend a lot of time sleeping in cars, trailers and random travel lodges LOL

Cheers
M
Any chance you could re-send me the pm about this fella, managed to delete mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.