ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superb Sat nav for k800i.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ive just started using wayfinder 6 now that its available for the k800i.

Its a brilliantly simple system with intergrated traffic rerouting and in the near future it will have speed cameras too.

I never thought id be happy switching from tomtom's all singing all dancing system. Even the mapping is better and far far more up to date than a memory card based system.

www.wayfinder.com

Fabia vRS
well i managed to build a full tomtom system for £110, so i'd say the wayfinder thing isn't that great value for money.

i paid £80 on ebay for a reconditioned XDA (o2 pda), and £30 for the gps reciever, car charger, and windscreen mount. I then "aquired" a copy of tomtom.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Adam K said:
well i managed to build a full tomtom system for £110, so i'd say the wayfinder thing isn't that great value for money.

i paid £80 on ebay for a reconditioned XDA (o2 pda), and £30 for the gps reciever, car charger, and windscreen mount. I then "aquired" a copy of tomtom.

Piracy aside, wayfinder is a subcription based service with traffic. That price is lifetme.
No map updates to pay for and when upgrades come they are free.

Plus i dont have to carry a huge pda about.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just been reading all about this....

The free updates only apply to maps, not the software itself.

It looks pretty, but all route calculation is done on the server and not on the device - transferred over GPRS, better pray you don't get lost in a location with poor network coverage!

You can download *cities*, but from what I can gather you cannot download entire maps, I don't want to keep downloading maps over GPRS, sounds expensive and pointless to me!

Plus points are that it uses the trafficmaster traffic information (subscription) & that you also can use the cyclops camera locations too (subscription).

Sadly the fact that you cannot download the entire map or do the routing on the software means I'm not really interested, if they were to fix those issues I'd probably take a serious look at it.

There was a bloke on the pocketgps forum who was trying the trial version, cost him £12 in GPRS charges for a single journey!

Edit: They use the tele-atlas data which is inferior to the Navteq data also. The map updates are a twice a year, teleatlas used to update 4 times a year but now update at the same frequency as navteq.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been testing the Nav4All system on my k800i and so far it's worked well. The GPRS connection required per route is short and not much cost at all.