ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercar Experience Trackday

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Matey did a supercar day yesterday, some nice motors, but disappointing track layout and very limited places to take pics. Also was fcuking freezing and very windy which meant a lot of the pics didn't come out as i wanted. Still quite happy with some results considering its the first time I've used my new lens.

Pics taken with D50, Sigma 10-20mm and Sigma 70-300mm APO.

2353531197_5fcdc8fb5d_b.jpg

2353118766_3f72672936_b.jpg

2354364570_186c10be4c_b.jpg

2353535969_6d15c59456_b.jpg

2354369370_b113cdf464_b.jpg

2353542617_3ea890b18b_b.jpg

2354374594_d24a166f00_b.jpg

2354376024_09242e7d28_b.jpg

2354378684_25033534d8_b.jpg

2353549571_962ec0b560_b.jpg

2354380782_b3430d9ed2_b.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
it was a driveme.net, not sure what exact package. He also drove a 4x4 through some puddles and did a couple of laps in 106 rallye car with some hand brake action

monaco blue 172 ..
i went to the exact same place for my 30th birthday present ,still got the certificate and pics on the wall as we speak lol . did he get the hot ride in the lotus??? with one of the instructors driving . i had a great time

Nice pics Ian. I take it the close up pics are using the 10-20mm lens?

The first one almost look like it "bends" I dont know the proper name for it.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
he got the hot lap in the lotus, that thing sounds fcuked!

pug is a right hand drive and the close ups are with the 10-20

Love the Impreza pic with the rear blurred, usually the sort of effect I go for, bit love or hate really but I love it.

monaco blue 172 ..
the session is all day , you just go in the same cars 2/3 times
depends on what experience you have , if you get the rally experience you do the evo / imprezza/ pug rally cars , if you get the supercar experience then you only drive the supercars .. hope this helps , this is what it was like 2 years ago anyway ....... lol

clio...
ah right, so a take it a session is 2-3 laps.

Just the way it puts it on the Inet.. is there is 2 that seems appealing, one is all the super cars with 2 'sessions' on each car or one with all the supercars and the rallye cars with one 'session' on each car!

monaco blue 172 ..
the only thing is they dont let you give it any stick in the corners ... i went to put the imprezza into 2nd to give it some and he put his hand on the gear stick and said "we wont be needing that gear lol"

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
the instructors are pussies to be fair, and the amount of people driving like grannies was ridiculous. You've paid a lot of money to drive fast cars, and then you drive them slowly. idiots.

My mate still managed to get the impreza sideways lol

Lionel Richie
again, what do you expect?

you're driving cars that don't belong to you and you expect to be allowed to drive them how you want?

not happening, as an instructor i know absolutely ZERO about your driving ability

Lee went out with out of my fellow instructors and was allowed to carry on with it, he listened and also respected the cars, he even got a Gallardo sideways and hit 160mph

if you act like a c**k and don't listen to the instructor you'll have a s**t time, if you listen to what we tell you you'll enjoy it

Turbos.
Great pics Clarticus! They are a waste of one really, sort of 17 year old birthday present is their limit.

I imagine the instructors are told to be quite restrictive though, all about making profit.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
again, what do you expect?

you're driving cars that don't belong to you and you expect to be allowed to drive them how you want?

not happening, as an instructor i know absolutely ZERO about your driving ability

Lee went out with out of my fellow instructors and was allowed to carry on with it, he listened and also respected the cars, he even got a Gallardo sideways and hit 160mph

if you act like a c**k and don't listen to the instructor you'll have a s**t time, if you listen to what we tell you you'll enjoy it

spot on Fred.

£100k + cars and lads who they can't tell what your level of experience is.... would you throw the keys over to a complete strabger, given there's not even any speed limits to worry about?