ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 vs Vee

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon you would do well in a mk2 v6 to hit the book figure 14.2s on a quarter mile.

id be amazed if a standard vee could keep up with a supercharged 172. Be intresting to watch though.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
r26r would be a closer match pace wise, but youd have that as well

my 202bhp ITB clio left a R26R in a line by a few car lengths up the straight at croft. I was in the R26R as a passenger and Bazzon was driving the clio with a passenger

carl

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
my 202bhp ITB clio left a R26R in a line by a few car lengths up the straight at croft. I was in the R26R as a passenger and Bazzon was driving the clio with a passenger

carl

impressive, as the r gets to a hundered in 14.9 so your car should comfortaby keep up with/beat a new FRS... nice

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
In all honesty I don't think there'd be that much in it 0-60 due to fwd traction troubles.

In a roll on/in gear blast the 172 would be away.

Oi Ben stop bragging LOL :)

Last edited:
  182 FF
I d have guessed the 172 would beat it by quite a bit,i watched a video of a clio with about 230 bhp level peggings with a M3 so should easily get passed the V6 clio :approve:

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
cant believe this thread is actually serious, the two cars are in a totally different performance bracket tbh. V6 Clio would not see which way it went

Better than yours. C*nt.
I don't know anyone daft enough to take a Vee on a drag strip. No point, not where it belongs etc.

However on the road having driven a healthy 182 and Trophy I'd say destroy was a fair description. Speeds coming out of corners are more into epic than fast...

Clio v6
I so often question why anyone feels the need to go a split second faster than another car. Lacking something maybe?

These cars also move in a reverse direction. A 'race' in reverse would at least be interesting, and perhaps more fun.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
:lolup: yeah mate you must own a clio 1.2 sport lol

yea mate mines a ph1 172 replica 1.2 i have to admit :rasp:

seriously, gti's and vts's are really good off the line, much better geared 1st 2nd and 3rd, by which time the quarter mile will be over and the 172's will be finding it hard to keep up

before any of your other funny comments i do own a ph1 172 and have previously owned slightly breathed on gti and vts and both have been very quick cars, certainly better than the 172 and others off the line

Status
Not open for further replies.