ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged MK1 F4R track car project

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Anyone ever bought or have any experiance with these rods? Dont know if its worth getting the PEC models or just go for these? They are £325 posted on ebay.

2708514232824040_1.jpg

TECHNO5 Forged Steel Conrods Bielle H-Beam Renault Clio Megane 2.0 16v 1.8 16V

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
May as well give them a go then. From what I have read, I should be ok with standard pistons for what im doing.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Can I ask about fitting the mk2 stuff to the doors and the interior looms.

Im interested in doing an f4r conversion myself and think it would be a better idea just to replace the interior looms like I believe you have.

I want all the central locking etc to work so could you just let me know what to use please :)

Cheers

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Basically you need full 172 loom, ecu, uch, ignition barrel decoder, clocks and keys.
You also need a mk1 loom.
You need to put mk1 plugs on the mk2 loom for lights, window wipers, brakes pedal switch, brake fluid level, fuel pump etc.
This is a fairly easy task if you have a multimeter. I needed a hand to check a few things like brake lights, but it only took me a few hours.
I used the door locks from a mk2. These plugged straight into my loom and bolted onto the mk1 doors without modification. This enabled me to have central locking and RAID.
Its all fairly straight forward and can be done by yourself at home. No messing about with emulators and getting it decoded.
In my mk1 I have a working trip computer, central locking, alarm, immobiliser and RAID. I have done a couple of thousand miles and not had a single problem yet.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Perfect, exactly the info I wanted mate thank you.

If I decide to run mk2 clock does this mean that I can use any of the 172 engines instead of being limited to the ph1?

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
I couldn't say for sure, but I'm guess that if you are using a ph2 engine and full loom, you should be fine.
You could have cruise control! Haha.

Me and my mate did the cage. I bought an OMP cage and then bought some more tube to modify it. Was a massive pain in the arse, but worth it in the end. Took AAAGGGEESS!

clio rs172 meg rs250
Nice cage work, I can't believe they let you register and drive that on the street over there, the rules here in oz a gay as f#*k, a major pita just to get a bolt in half cage legal