ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged or turbo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
I don't own a 182 anymore, I haven't owned one for a few years now, but every few months, I come on here to check out whats happening. And there is never anything new, this thread for example, its all been talked about before, time and time again for like 5 years now. The problem with clio owners is that they are dreamers, and this thread proves it. They all want more power because deep down, they know the clio lacks power. I suggest, don't pay £5k for a turbo, you won't be able to use the power at all. You should all change your cars.

You're right in a way, most are dreamers and simply post out of boredom, and yes, the Clio does lack power. I do however doubt however that their dreams incorporate Vauxhall's, that's like aspiring to live in a coucil flat in Mosside, to have herpes or even full blown aids.

It's a fact that 97% of Astra VXR owners mothers drank heavily during pregnancy.

williams and trophy
shadowness, yep i'll be there with you:) i need a proper sit down with the guys at ktec. when are you looking at? I'll give you a text tomorrow, have a safe trip home

just hope the cars built better than the spag bols car....could leave you out of pocket when the mot is due also......

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
My Clio raped a standard Astra VXR in a straight line, round the track it would be almost laughable! Now go back to VXROnline please....[/quote]

My VXR, like most other VXR's out there now is running well over 300bhp, LSD, springs, anti roll bar. It's actually in a different league to the clio whether its straight line speed or on a track. To get the same sort of performance from a clio, you would spend well over the price of a VXR. s**t, even the corsa vxr, you only have to stick a handheld map on it and its out of the the clio's league. You stick a map on the clio and you get like what? 5-8bhp. LOOOOOOL.

Enough willy waving for one day eh the lot of you??

The problem with clio owners is that they are dreamers, and this thread proves it. They all want more power because deep down, they know the clio lacks power.

I don't personally see the point of trolling like this, sure your VXR is in a different leaque, thats great news & granted I have seen my fair share of "My RS ruined an M3 tonite init" threads, but stating that the clio lacks power, or that people tune them for some deep routed shame of lacking said power is frankly twoddle. Now the fiesta ST - that is a car that lacks power ;)

(I would however pay good money to see one of the SC clios floating about on here have a poke at it ;))

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Strange. I've never come across a VXR that could keep in my rear view mirror so if they're all running well over 300bhp and have LSD's fitted, the simple fact of the matter is that they're a crock of s**t.

My VXR, like most other VXR's out there now is running well over 300bhp, LSD, springs, anti roll bar. It's actually in a different league to the clio whether its straight line speed or on a track. To get the same sort of performance from a clio, you would spend well over the price of a VXR. s**t, even the corsa vxr, you only have to stick a handheld map on it and its out of the the clio's league. You stick a map on the clio and you get like what? 5-8bhp. LOOOOOOL.

:lolup: Think it will take more than springs to make a Vauxhall handle... cant polish a turd.

£2-3k for a 172 and £4k for a charger kit (even less if you do it yourself), unless you're comparing new for new, in which case if people were bothered they would simply buy a Megane. It's similarly priced and sized and beats it in every department :sleepy:

Also looking at your posting times I have come to the conclusion that you dont work and bought your car with benefit money and food stamps, you are Vauxhall's target market afterall ;)

Last edited:
  MG B roadster/172 cup
I've never driven a turbo or a SC clio, but surely to put much more than 200bhp through the front wheels becomes a bit pointless?

You could pick up an elise for the same price as a clio + SC or turbo, maybe even a 111S, which would be quicker in a straight line and make it look silly around corners.

My opinion is that the clios are great as they are but if you want something really fast it has to be RWD or 4WD. But the clio is the most fun FWD car, and it has the bonus of five seats!

White Evo V
I've never driven a turbo or a SC clio, but surely to put much more than 200bhp through the front wheels becomes a bit pointless?

You could pick up an elise for the same price as a clio + SC or turbo, maybe even a 111S, which would be quicker in a straight line and make it look silly around corners.

My opinion is that the clios are great as they are but if you want something really fast it has to be RWD or 4WD. But the clio is the most fun FWD car, and it has the bonus of five seats!

Grip is suprisingly good! Not much spin at all with good tyres on, not much more spin than a standard 1*2.

Also I have a video of my car vs a SC Lotus exige, 0-100 there is nothing in it then we slow down! I was very suprised!

MG B roadster/172 cup
Grip is suprisingly good! Not much spin at all with good tyres on, not much more spin than a standard 1*2.

Also I have a video of my car vs a SC Lotus exige, 0-100 there is nothing in it then we slow down! I was very suprised!

Fair enough, but there is still that handling issue, mid mounted engine etc, i'm not saying the clio is crap but compared to an exige...

Do I mention driver skill? Maybe you're better than the exige driver, how does the power to weight compare, the exige is more aerodynamic as well.

Ben's car is old and worth a fraction of an Exige though... it simply boils down to wanting to modify your car or not. Most talk about it and stick an exhaust and air filter on as they are scared of modifying a car to the same extent, or opt for something else then **** the former off to justify their decision.

320d
Ben's car is old and worth a fraction of an Exige though... it simply boils down to wanting to modify your car or not. Most talk about it and stick an exhaust and air filter on as they are scared of modifying a car to the same extent, or opt for something else then **** the former off to justify their decision.

I agree with you. I don't have the money at the minute to highly modify my car. If I did i'm unsure about whether I would or not, I don't know.

To do it properly you have to spend a fortune like you and ben have to get it right.

I'd want SC conversion, KW 2 coilies, new brakes all around possibly 4 pots on the front, whiteline ARB, good buckets + harnesses, refurbed road wheels with PE2's and some track wheels with R888's. The list just grows and grows. The bill for that lot would be at least £7K.

williams and trophy
Enough willy waving for one day eh the lot of you??

I don't personally see the point of trolling like this, sure your VXR is in a different leaque, thats great news & granted I have seen my fair share of "My RS ruined an M3 tonite init" threads, but stating that the clio lacks power, or that people tune them for some deep routed shame of lacking said power is frankly twoddle. Now the fiesta ST - that is a car that lacks power ;)

(I would however pay good money to see one of the SC clios floating about on here have a poke at it ;))

hmmmm....how much money would u be prepared to pay? ;)

williams and trophy
lol, so after it's fixed you want to borrow it for a road trip to Newcastle?

waste of time and petrol tbh, VXR would get spanked, but would be funny all the same.

is a fester not a vxr lol

would be even more a waste o juice lol. but depends on how much hes paying.....;)

SQ5

Turbo'd cars are more easily mappable! I could still spend another £3k on the car have a forged bottom end and LSD. Putting me at just over the 300 mark, weighing a lot less than yours and still having spent less money that it would of been to buy a STANDARD VXR!

My missus' old man has a Blue Corsa VXR, its been mapped, different exhaust, huge intercooler etc... Its quick but I still come past it most of the time easily! its probably running a little more power than me! Add the extra weight of the VXR and the extra power its probably not far off it, stil having spent way less than you would of!

I invite you to come to Snetterton for some hot lap timing if you wish just to prove you wrong :D

Status
Not open for further replies.