ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged VTS vs M3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 20 May 2005

if its the one with the bloke laughing, then ive seen it before!

£45K BMW OWNED by a saxo!!!!
seen it too.

maybe Fred, but its a saxo with a 10k engine conversion i believe.;)

MKIII 138

not impressive when you condsider if you spent 10k on an M3 you could get 600bhp RWD and still look the dogs danglies

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 20 May 2005

not impressive when you condsider if you spent 10k on an M3 you could get 600bhp RWD and still look the dogs danglies
isnt that a stupid comparison....so comparing a 18k car to a 55k car? u think its unimpressive because its not as fast and looks as good wtf?

how is it not impressive? dont understand some people.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by David on 20 May 2005

isnt that a stupid comparison....so comparing a 18k car to a 55k car? u think its unimpressive because its not as fast and looks as good wtf?

how is it not impressive? dont understand some people.
A.) because the guy is creaming his pants like a girl because he is faster than another car (uuhhhgg splurb, sticky seats)

b.) Because if you have ever driven an M3 you will know that their RWD and 50:50 weight distribution make them awesome handling amongst other things.

c.) They are built to the price a £45,000 car deserves everyone knows that BMW are the best built cars in the world is a citron ?

d.) The guy may have lost in a drag race... was the M3 in AUTO mode ? did you see the slow start the M3 got did you notice it olny just pulled away.

e.) The spec and interior are awesome and the feeling of ownership is much greater than owning a saxo.

why not just throw a 100 shot canister of NOS in a 182 and pull past an M3 with your better power to weight ??? same difference as the saxo because on a track the M3 would eat it at high speed corners at the very least.

whats the Big Deal ? so what its a fast saxo, its still a lump of poo to look at ride in take the bird out in turn up anywhere in etc..

sorry but id rather have an M3 CSL or and M3 SMG Convertable than a citron saxo supercharged or not.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

that is such a narrow minded thing to say. of course i would rather have an m3 over s saxo. ...admittedly id sell it and get another car but thats my opinion

no one is saying the saxo is better than the m3. its just pointing out that for all its umph a typical bmw driver who is probably so far up their own ass they would race even little cars like a saxos would be in for a shock with this motor.

for £/bhp it is very impressive.

do you even understand the concept of a sleeper?

MKIII 138

that is such a narrow minded thing to say. of course i would rather have an m3 over s saxo. ...admittedly id sell it and get another car but thats my opinion

no one is saying the saxo is better than the m3. its just pointing out that for all its umph a typical bmw driver who is probably so far up their own ass they would race even little cars like a saxos would be in for a shock with this motor.

for £/bhp it is very impressive.

do you even understand the concept of a sleeper?
but the last M3 i drove a nice convertable with SMG was owned by the most unasuming man ever. sure there are plenty of dickhead M3 drivers as not many people use the car for performance more about posing.. but said driver on that vid probably was impressed with the saxo but still drove off the airfield is a very expensive BMW.

p.s i love the sleeper effect, but only if its on a clio LOL !

Vee dub

Agree with David here

To have a saxo competing with/beating a BMW M3 is brilliant.

The m3 is obviously the better car but for the sleeper factor, you have to give it alot of credit.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 20 May 2005

Agree with David here

To have a saxo competing with/beating a BMW M3 is brilliant.

The m3 is obviously the better car but for the sleeper factor, you have to give it alot of credit.

^^ yea fair point.

i am impressed by the traction of the FWD saxo putting all the power down ! it loses a couple of feet due to the RWD of BMW but thats all. does show how a light FWD with big power doesnt have to play second fiddle the 4wd and rwd so much.

but there is more to a car than straight line.. i.e if you have a car with too much power for the chasis then the car car be undriveable bmw obviously wanted 330hp to keep it all balanced and avaliable to use day to day for everyone who may buy it.

Id rather have the M3. I dont really like Saxos no matter how powerful they are. Still, that is a seriously fast wee car!

i could build a car for 6k that will hand that saxo its ass on a plate whats the big f**king deal ???? its a supercharged saxo whoop de f**king doooo !!!!!

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 20 May 2005

i could build a car for 6k that will hand that saxo its ass on a plate whats the big f**king deal ???? its a supercharged saxo whoop de f**king doooo !!!!!

Yes, showing its capable against an M3!

Pretty cool in my book, not in yours? well thats fair enough

:)

Well i woudl personally ahve a saxo that woudl cream all over M3s, FAR FAR more fun, ill save the M3 for when i reach middle age thank you

Vee dub

but any car can beat an m3 if you want it too its not that hard

yes but not everyone spends thousands of pounds actually doing it

My valver could beat an M3...............

All very well saying it but to do it? quality

Quote: Originally posted by Zorba_the_greek on 20 May 2005

HOW DO YOU VIEW THE VIDEO!!
Click on Free at the bottom of the page and then wait for a download token. Then you will get the option to download the file. I had to wait a whole 58 seconds for my download token!

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 May 2005
Well i woudl personally ahve a saxo that woudl cream all over M3s, FAR FAR more fun, ill save the M3 for when i reach middle age thank you

but why not go for a car thats faster than the saxo and handles better, would be cheaper to run and insure ??

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 20 May 2005but any car can beat an m3 if you want it too its not that hard yes but not everyone spends thousands of pounds actually doing itMy valver could beat an M3...............All very well saying it but to do it? quality

a sunny gtir could beat an m3 a 200sx could beat an m3 etc etc but would you all go wow look at that it beat an m3 ?? nope you wouldnt its just because the saxo is such a pissing slow car to start with its impressive. anyway m3s arnt all that fast get a saxo beating a mac f1 or a zonda now that would be impressive

Vee dub

but any car can beat an m3 if you want it too its not that hard

yes but not everyone spends thousands of pounds actually doing it

My valver could beat an M3...............

All very well saying it but to do it? quality

a sunny gtir could beat an m3 a 200sx could beat an m3 etc etc but would you all go wow look at that it beat an m3 ?? nope you wouldnt its just because the saxo is such a pissing slow car to start with its impressive. anyway m3s arnt all that fast get a saxo beating a mac f1 or a zonda now that would be impressive

Yes..... ok

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 May 2005Well i woudl personally ahve a saxo that woudl cream all over M3s, FAR FAR more fun, ill save the M3 for when i reach middle age thank you

but why not go for a car thats faster than the saxo and handles better, would be cheaper to run and insure ??

becasue a supercharged, stupoidly quick saxo woudl be far far more fun....as said above

im serious think about it

saxo standard pwr to weight is 0.128
saxo weighing 100kg less 0.144
saxo running 160 0.171
charged saxo running 200bhp say 0.214
charged saxo 100k less 0.239
m3 standard 0.218

182 0.172
182 with 270 ala ktec bbpt 0.255
182 with head work say 200-210 0.189 - 0.198
182 with headwork and 100kg weight saving 0.219

see not hard to get to the pwr to weight of an m3

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 20 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 May 2005Well i woudl personally ahve a saxo that woudl cream all over M3s, FAR FAR more fun, ill save the M3 for when i reach middle age thank you

becasue a supercharged, stupoidly quick saxo woudl be far far more fun....as said above

did you not read what i said why not go for a car thats cheaper than the saxo more fun thanthe saxo faster than the saxo handles better than the saxo does everything better than the saxo ??

ITR UKDC2

Quote: Originally posted by Ants on 20 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Zorba_the_greek on 20 May 2005

HOW DO YOU VIEW THE VIDEO!!
Click on Free at the bottom of the page and then wait for a download token. Then you will get the option to download the file. I had to wait a whole 58 seconds for my download token!

thank you my good friend :D

that is such a narrow minded thing to say. of course i would rather have an m3 over s saxo. ...admittedly id sell it and get another car but thats my opinion no one is saying the saxo is better than the m3. its just pointing out that for all its umph a typical bmw driver who is probably so far up their own ass they would race even little cars like a saxos would be in for a shock with this motor.for £/bhp it is very impressive.do you even understand the concept of a sleeper?

Lol..

So hes narrow minded yet youve declared the Beemer owner as "so far up their own ass." He could be the most down to earth guy in the world for all you know.

theres a charged saxom in croydon on thursday after teh "cruise" loadsa people went to imperial way ans he raced a rover 2.0 turbo thing and done him, tehn he raced a impreza wrx and wasnt to far off him, i got videos on my phone if someone knows how to convert it to mpeg or sumthing and wants to host them, contact me

2005 Impreza WRX STI

the engine in that saxo is now going in a 106 gti in middlesbrough.a lad called andy D. dean knows him. got it for 5k i think.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 20 May 2005but any car can beat an m3 if you want it too its not that hard yes but not everyone spends thousands of pounds actually doing itMy valver could beat an M3...............All very well saying it but to do it? quality

Yeah, an M3 is a slow car :p

A standard for standard 200sx or pulsar GTIR would get a new arsehole ripped by a new shape M3, pah! jap crap!

I dont think people realise how quick an e36 M3 EVO/e46 M3 is once rolling.

Quote: Originally posted by David on 20 May 2005 Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 20 May 2005 not impressive when you condsider if you spent 10k on an M3 you could get 600bhp RWD and still look the dogs danglies [/QUOTE]isnt that a stupid comparison....so comparing a 18k car to a 55k car? u think its unimpressive because its not as fast and looks as good wtf?how is it not impressive? dont understand some people.[/QUOTE]A.) because the guy is creaming his pants like a girl because he is faster than another car (uuhhhgg splurb, sticky seats)b.) Because if you have ever driven an M3 you will know that their RWD and 50:50 weight distribution make them awesome handling amongst other things. c.) They are built to the price a £45,000 car deserves everyone knows that BMW are the best built cars in the world is a citron ? d.) The guy may have lost in a drag race... was the M3 in AUTO mode ? did you see the slow start the M3 got did you notice it olny just pulled away.e.) The spec and interior are awesome and the feeling of ownership is much greater than owning a saxo.why not just throw a 100 shot canister of NOS in a 182 and pull past an M3 with your better power to weight ??? same difference as the saxo because on a track the M3 would eat it at high speed corners at the very least.whats the Big Deal ? so what its a fast saxo, its still a lump of poo to look at ride in take the bird out in turn up anywhere in etc..sorry but id rather have an M3 CSL or and M3 SMG Convertable than a citron saxo supercharged or not.

a friend of a friend of mine had a bmw M3 as a track day car and sold it due to costs etc for a charged saxo. he actually lapped faster in the saxo round the tracks he uses